Author Topic: Dota2 International 2016/Battle Pass  (Read 13905 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Dota2 International 2016/Battle Pass
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:21:10 pm »
While still being a little far ahead (the Manila Major is still not finished), Valve released already the next battle pass. this serves double as compendium for both the next major and the International 2016. With 10$ it costs also a little sum but I think in this case it is really worth the money (if you are interested in this kind of stuff of course).

The battle pass gives you again three quest paths to follow, each path gives you different quests based on the different roles in the game and each path is assigned to a specific hero. If you reach the end of the quest line, you will get  a special set for the hero. The heroes this time are Clinkz (standing for the rogue/assassin path), Ursa (for the warrior/carry path) and Windrunner (for the spellbinder/nuker path).
Every game you can select one quest and if you fulfill the requirement AND win the match, you get points. The points increase the level of the battle pass. Quests replace basically the old challenge system from earlier compendiums.
Besides the normal quest you also get daily quests (play with a specific hero) and weekly quests (achieve x goals across multiple games in a week).
If you level up your pass you can get multiple rewards including treasure chests (each one contains Immortals this time just like the last International compendium),  a new courier (which levels up as you level up your compendium, unlocking new styles), a new ward (same as courier), music, a mini game, in game (temporary) effects on different items like blink dagger and tp scrolls, loading screens, Crystal Maiden announcer pack, cursor, emoticons and a lot more.
The collected money is again poured itno the prize pool of the International but not in the Manila Major which will stay at 3 million dollar like the last two.

Like I said again, if you are interested in this kind of stuff (daily challenges, cosmetics, professional dota games) you should check it out. Keep in mind that you will have to spend some time otherwise you won't benefit that much of the battle pass.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Re: Dota2 International 2016/Battle Pass
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:55:10 pm »
I am really torn...really, my social instinct is yelling "ignore"...but I will say it anyway:

If it wasn't for the fact I know you are an actual person and not just a robot, the post above I would have assumed was a paid ad. The features described just sound like an advertisement. Like a commercial I would see on TV. I see it everywhere else on the internet, and I am so jaded I will not assume it cannot happen here.

I mean...it just is. The more I think about it, the less sorry I become. If you pay X, you get Y. It is an ad. I cannot see how this is fun. For my own sake, I will stop typing. This is an interesting case of media in which your reaction toward it increases, rather then decreases, over time.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 12:20:55 am »
Sorry, I didn't want to sound like a merchant who praises his product. I'm in no way connected to Valve.

I just think that they did really good this time with the compendium compared to the last ones. I know that paying for F2P games is always a concept that some people don't want to accept or don't understand. Or some do to some extent but don't get it why people pay for a flashy hat or something like that.
I agree at some point. I play a LOT of f2P games. Because, well, they are free. You can test them and can see for yourself if you like them. Most of them are short lived and are designed that way. They want to burn out the player very soon because they want you to pay for it. To my shame I payed for some of them and still don't play them anymore. It's just, at some point you don't want anymore.
I think cosmetics is the only thing I can enjoy truly at f2P games because otherwise i feel ripped off. You buy an item that gives you a small bonus for a short time but after that you have to pay again. Cosmetics let you at least decide "Do I want this? Do I even play this character Does it look good combined with my other sets?".
Now, the compendium isn't of course a single cosmetic but rather a big add-on to the game. I see it more like an expansion of the game that you have to pay for.
Again, I don't want to sell this. I'm just stating why I, myself, did buy this item.
I mainly did because at soem point in the game I don't know what to play (in Dota) anymore. Custom game modes help a little (Eelemt TD is really cool and I can do it solo) but the battle pass gives me some goal and directiosn that I can take. I play a lot of different heroes, I am a very fleible hero but because of this I always wonder what hero could I play next. The battle pass gives me a better idea what to play. Plus, cosmetics (again). This may be a stupid reason to pay 10$ for but for me sufficient enough.

I think the most wasted money on a f2p game was for me Battle Nations, not Dota 2. God, I HATE that the game company have been sold to King. It went downwards anyway before but after the ownership changed the game stopped immidetialy. Really sad because i liked the game and the concept.

Anyway, I talked again too much.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:53:03 am »
I loved the Winter Battle Pass. At first I thought I might be wasting 8 bucks but then I immediately got the value back when I unlocked a skin that I could sell on the market for $50 in the first week!

I know it sounds shallow, but the amount of rewards you get from that thing is absolutely sick. I was kicking myself because I forgot to use the compendium to put in the predictions. Actually I did, but it was too late, but that could have been another massive source of points and prizes as well that now I'll never see.

I would definitely buy this one if I still played DotA regularly but right now I'm on a hiatus and I don't think I'd get my money's worth.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 02:56:08 pm »
First treasure, immediately what I wanted (Immortal of Timbersaw).
This fits perfectly with another set that has been released in an earlier compendium.

The Immortal is the claw, it creates a custom animation and has a custom icon.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 03:09:38 pm »
Wow, you lucky dog.
"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2016, 05:11:21 pm »
Valve released the Weekend Battlecup.  Every Saturday/Sunday until 28. 8. 2016 you can compete against other teams in a tournament-like cup. 8 teams compete together int he same ladder. Every team needs 5 players, there is no matchmaking involved to find a team for you. Every team member needs also a ticket which costs 0.99$ (0.88€). Owners of the battle pass get a ticket for free.
The prize for the winner of your ladder are some cosmetic effects for your profile (which last only one week), a in-game trophy as statue, new emoticons and, if you own the battle pass, 15 levels.

More information about it here: http://www.dota2.com/battlecup/

Don't forget that you need a full 5-member team to participate.

Edit: It seems everything except the battle pass levels lasts only one week. This includes the emoticons and the statue you get for winning. I thought these would at least last forever but it isn't the case. Well, everyone has to decide for himself if this is the combined price of 5$ worth. I think it is a nice idea for casual players to get a slight feeling how dota tournaments work but the system could still use adjustments. This could probably be a permanent thing if Valve would remove the ticket prize and rewards. Maybe the winning team could get 150 mmr or something like that.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 12:07:08 am by TheVampire100 »

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PDCkj0DGRg

OG vs MVP, thrid match. OG has been dominated hard by MVP, it's really disgusting to watch.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk