Author Topic: Anyone else having problems with PayPal?  (Read 13416 times)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Anyone else having problems with PayPal?
« on: October 03, 2018, 02:57:19 pm »
Since 2 or 3 weeks already I have major issues with Paypal. Normally I have no problems whatsoever with the system, everything runs smoothly but recently a lot of sites cannot get paid with Paypal at all.
Steam works totally fine, bought something yesterday, bought something last week, others, like Patreon work not at all. I heard that Patreon has some issues with paypal since they changed how taxes are applied.
But Patreon isn't the only issue (it is the biggest however), Apple does not seem to respond as well. Humble Bundle seems to work on a case to case situation.
It worked on Humble Monthly but I cannot buy regular bundles.

Anyone else having noticed these issues. This might have to do something with the recent changes to the Paypal ToS but I couldn't find anything that would tell me why they don't allow payments for specific reasons.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Anyone else having problems with PayPal?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 03:05:49 pm »
I haven't been making a huge number of purchases with it, but those that I have made all went fine.  That's definitely concerning.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 02:18:00 pm »
I paid someone with paypal about ten days ago, worked fine then.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 03:33:07 pm »
Humble Bundle seems to work fine again, Patreon still doesn't work though.
Whenever I try to retry the payment, Patreon tells me that something didn't work.
I tried to relink my Paypal account which seems to work fine but when I tell Patreon to retry the payment, they still fail to do so.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk