Author Topic: Proposed Next Arcen Game  (Read 11003 times)

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
Proposed Next Arcen Game
« on: May 22, 2015, 03:41:25 pm »
is.....
A Harvest Moon/Rune Factory PC variant.

I'm serious.

Really.

These are games that would benefit tons from infinite procedural generation used to create content. You already have some amazing on staff artists. It would switch from the side scrolling action of AVWW1/2 to top down or isometric viewing of SBR & Skyward Collapse. It would feel very similar to Shattered Haven, but it would need much large character figures. That's one of the big things that makes console games attractive, big characters. The Shattered Haven characters are just too small on screen.

And for maximum hilarity, have the AI Wars, SBR, tLF character races each have a representative in the world.

Dear Diary,
I had to go buy more melon seeds today from the Peltian Store. Those darn Thoraxians keep sneaking into my diary at night to eat the plants. I'll need to put up some Acutian electroc-zapper fences to keep them out. Maybe I'll just abandon my attempts at growing crops this year and instead invest more into Flowers or Animals. The Andor Flower Market is paying a premium for roses this year, something about how the Boarine Leader changed and now they want rose bushes everywhere.

I know, it sounds crazy. A Harvest Moon game on PC, without a dating sim focus (it could go either way). Plus it could have coop, you compete together with your friends toward a plot goal and against your friends to have your view of the world be dominant (red and yellow tulips everywhere versus smog polluting machinery, etc). It would be awesome.

I'll go back to trying to break SBR now.
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Re: Proposed Next Arcen Game
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 03:46:17 pm »
Let's create a robot farm! Seriously, why not? Living animals are ine very generic farming game, but no one has done a farming game with robots instead of animals!

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 06:18:29 pm »
Damn you, Harvest Moon is my secret vice. Reading this thread has reminded me to write that post-apocalyptic Harvest Moon themed short story that's been bouncing in my brain for years.

Offline wwwhhattt

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:05:11 am »
You could fit in the AI too - the invisible nuclear warhead of the market.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 10:53:39 am »
I've worked on a rune-factory-like design before, but I don't see Chris liking the idea.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 11:14:45 am »
Farmer Fran! Farmer Fran!
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline kasnavada

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2015, 03:31:38 am »
AI WAR 2 ?

I mean with only a few more expansions you'll fit the entire main screen =)

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2015, 04:24:17 am »
A roguelike!
No, wait, that exists...

A grand strategy game!
Hold on, we have one already...

A 4x!
Eeeeh...

My other favourite genres are milsims and first person brawlers/shooters, but I don't think either would be a good fit for Arcen.

Maybe an RPG?
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk