Author Topic: Give Me Some Advice  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Cyber Cobra

• Never Gave up... And will...
Give Me Some Advice
« on: November 01, 2012, 11:53:26 am »

I am Completing My B.tech in Computer Science engineering This year... And my life time ambition is becoming game programmer...
So plz advice me the courses i have to complete to become game programmer... I heard about PG[post graduation] in Game development..
in INDIA from the college of ICAT .. is it good? or there are any other best colleges in INDIA or in some other country.. I am even ready to study at ABROAD..
Çyb3r Çobra

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Give Me Some Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 12:19:11 pm »
That's a fairly hard question without a general answer, I'm afraid.

If you do regular computer science you may get a broader understanding of programming in general, which is useful.  However, you will have to learn everything you need to know about game development in your spare time, and it's a hefty amount of stuff.  Lots of people do it this way, however, including myself.

Game development programs are relatively newer, and I am not sure of the quality of all of them.  Or the attached prestige, if it's not from one of the big names.  However, presumably you would get a better grounding in game development in particular, as well having potentially better (read: any at all) contacts into the industry.

Never having worked in the industry for a larger company, I can't really say what they are looking for.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:24 pm »
If you are looking at a school for game design, watch this first.

Offline Cyber Cobra

• Never Gave up... And will...
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 03:02:14 am »
I Want a school name where i can learn Game Programming ( Game development) ... plz .....  i am not considering game designing .....
If there are any schools? what are the requirements to get into ?
Çyb3r Çobra

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 08:01:23 am »
I suggest you do some research, then. There are lots of such schools with programs, but as I noted our staff has no more experience with them than you do.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk