Author Topic: Tweak the ending maps if robot army is underpowered?  (Read 2653 times)

Offline amelith

Tweak the ending maps if robot army is underpowered?
« on: January 10, 2014, 05:19:33 am »
Can we tweak the final map size maybe if there are only a few bots? On my last game only one(!) showed up to the fight and it took a while to find him in the maze.

In my previous game I had to play three final maps for some reason. The first had 16 bots + about 5 bosses. Then I got one with three bosses followed by a map with two bosses. At this point I won but it had taken more time finding them than blowing them into the stratosphere.

Oh and about 90 hours played according to Steam. I thought this was one of the best games of last year. Hoping for the expansion soon ...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Tweak the ending maps if robot army is underpowered?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:03:35 am »
Cheers!  That's a great suggestion for mantis, actually -- that way we can take care of this when we are working on the expansion for the game.  Right now we're tied up working on The Last Federation, but in Q2 of this year we are expecting to do both an AI War and a Bionic Dues expansion. :)

Thanks so much for your kind words and support!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline _K_

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 05:22:30 pm »
Can i ask to also split the robot waves equally if a split is necessary?

Recently i had a run where i had to first fight the final mission against a large army, and then i had to fight a second wave that consisted of 8 bots.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 02:09:48 am »
Can i ask to also split the robot waves equally if a split is necessary?

Recently i had a run where i had to first fight the final mission against a large army, and then i had to fight a second wave that consisted of 8 bots.
I might be wrong, but I am fairly sure that these bots were not a second wave, but the remainder of the large army you encountered in your first attempt to defend your HQ :). IIRC the whole point of the final mission was to grind down the robot army which came to your doorstep - all at once....
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline _K_

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 03:28:08 am »

I might be wrong, but I am fairly sure that these bots were not a second wave, but the remainder of the large army you encountered in your first attempt to defend your HQ :). IIRC the whole point of the final mission was to grind down the robot army which came to your doorstep - all at once....
But i actually won my previous HQ battle mission. But instead of "you win" screen, i had to do the mission again. As i understand, there's simply a limit of total number of bots that can spawn in a given level, so on higher difficulties it is possible to get more bots in the bot army than this limit.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 05:54:03 am »

But i actually won my previous HQ battle mission. But instead of "you win" screen, i had to do the mission again. As i understand, there's simply a limit of total number of bots that can spawn in a given level, so on higher difficulties it is possible to get more bots in the bot army than this limit.
Ah, okay. I didn't know that was possible. Mea culpa ;).
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk