Author Topic: The Music  (Read 1956 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
The Music
« on: December 15, 2013, 10:39:30 pm »
Is awesome, as always. Great job as always Pablo.

In fact, the "theme" of the music matches the "techno-ish" style of AI War so much I am thinking of copying the music into that game as well. Though, I know some of the music was from AI war originally (and I even heard some AVWW 1 & 2 in there, not sure about Skyward Collapse, that's the last Arcen Game released I haven't at least tried yet...I should get on that)

Yes, it's taken me this long to actually start playing this game...sorry about that.  :-\

And yes, the rest of the game is really cool too (I'll post my thoughts on a more relevant thread).

EDIT: Is there some way to easily tell which songs are from AI War so I don't "duplicate" the sound track? Are the files named the same?

EDIT2: I'm guessing vocals (with words, not just "ahhs" or whatever) on the title screen music are sort of a "thing" now for Acren titles? Not criticizing (nor condoning) it, just something I noticed in the newer games.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 10:47:01 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
Re: The Music
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:16:48 pm »
I really like the music, as well!

I am not ashamed to say that I do not like the title theme, although I don't think that it's bad, or anything.  It just kinda doesn't fit with the "theme" of the game, for me, for some reason. :O Hard to say why, even.

To be fair, I also basically exclusively listen to instrumental music and mourned for years that there wasn't more good music without lyrics until I discovered Pandora, lol.  So my own personal bias definitely factors in, too.

I'd love to hear an instrumental version of the track as an alternative title theme!

All of that said, I love your music, Pablo. :)

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:35:44 pm »

I'd love to hear an instrumental version of the track as an alternative title theme!

Fortunately for you, that exists.

http://arcenmusic.bandcamp.com/track/the-home-that-we-once-knew-instrumental-bonus-track
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 02:14:40 pm »
Aha! Cool, thanks, lol. I kinda forgot he had a bandcamp.  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk