Author Topic: Shotgun can shoot self  (Read 3021 times)

Offline acqsen

Shotgun can shoot self
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:02:08 pm »
Ability to shoot yourself with a shotgun is probably an unintended feature of game mechanic.
It works like this: if you have a shotgun with slightly bigger area of effect you  can target a tile next to you thus putting yourself inside the weapons area of effect.

Target enemy, get shot yourself
Not much to complain you can do lots of other stuff aside a suicide shot
but i think guns could use some more versatility and shotgun is first on my list
i suggest changing how this weapon works by making it a arc blast radius starting from player
like the dnd spell cone of cold works
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 12:37:04 pm by acqsen »

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Shotgun can shoot self
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2013, 09:28:32 am »
Any weapon at all that has an AoE of any sort can do this.  In other words, any weapon that hits more than one tile at a time, regardless of the shape of the attack. 

All you need to do though is simply position the shot differently.... though yeah, the shotgun is kinda hard to use.  But that might be a necessary thing to balance out the might of the Dissolver.

It's worth noting that the Ninja specifically isnt affected by splash damage, so he can take his own Welding Beam (or other things) right to the face without noticing.  All of the others though need to watch where they aim.

Offline natekerillh

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:44 am »
I think it is like a bomerang effect. Anything that hits an object is meant to bounce back. :)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 05:23:41 am »
It's also a really embarrassing way for your Exo to get destroyed.

At least the game warns you now before it happens.... during the beta, it didn't give that warning, and I lost count of just how many times my Brawler dissolved himself.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 12:13:49 pm »
It's worth noting that the Ninja specifically isnt affected by splash damage, so he can take his own Welding Beam (or other things) right to the face without noticing.  All of the others though need to watch where they aim.
What?  WHAT?  You mean I wasted so much stealth just trying to line up a shot that wouldn't kill me, and I didn't need to worry?  (My fault for getting a 7 long cutting laser honestly)

Offline doubtful

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 10:54:37 pm »
What?  WHAT?  You mean I wasted so much stealth just trying to line up a shot that wouldn't kill me, and I didn't need to worry?  (My fault for getting a 7 long cutting laser honestly)

Ahahaha.  I didn't know this at first either (ie, i didn't read the friggin' text description..oops), and it caused me so much extra trouble that I stopped using the Ninja for a while.

Once I realized it had that ability though, I basically always use it, except when I occasionally swap it out for a Siege bot just because...SPLOSIONS.  But really, despite it's not-particularly-exciting basic attack, it's proved to be incredibly useful for certain situations where another type would get blasted to smithereens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk