Author Topic: save/load bug & ammobot abuse  (Read 1497 times)

Offline DGM

save/load bug & ammobot abuse
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:19:15 am »
Good game.  I have a couple of things to report, though:

1) On loading, the game forgets both the order playback speed and whether or not you took damage last turn.  The first is just annoying, but the second can be abused to regenerate each turn even under fire.

2) I've found 2 different ways to kill the Murderbot and an infinite money exploit with the Diamondbot.  All three involved using Ammobots.  I suggest either limiting how many times they can replenish ammo or cutting them from the game.  I recorded the Murderbot kills if you need more detail on how I went about it.

This is with version 1.000.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: save/load bug & ammobot abuse
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:19:32 am »
I think one can prevent the diamond-bots and ammo-bots from spawning together on a given mission. How much credit is given for killing the Murderbot? If it's not worth the trouble...

Offline DGM

Re: save/load bug & ammobot abuse
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 09:20:41 am »
You know, it never occurred to me to check the money?  Silly of me, really.  I just fired the game back up to find out (I have saves from right before the kills) and it was only +5 credits.  Also, there's no special death cry or animation.  So, definitely not worth it for that.

Although I will say that my second method left me with a wonderful new pet.  He was fun to have.  <evil grin>

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk