Author Topic: Right Click in inventory  (Read 2085 times)

Offline iob

• Newbie Mark III
Right Click in inventory
« on: March 23, 2014, 05:59:59 am »
Why does a right click sent an item to archive? Why doesn't it equip it righ away?

Guys, haven't you played any diablo? :)

Please remap right click to equip and tell me why I need to archive items...

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Right Click in inventory
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:14:15 am »
Unless you had an empty slot it would be highly ambiguous which part the right-clicked one should replace :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline iob

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:02 pm »
Just fit it into an empty slot? Not sure what to do if its ambigous, maybe nothing?

I get highly irritated with that archive thing, especially with Diablo 3 expansion out... An option for Diablo Style inventory management or disabling of archive would be nice.

I end up sending all items to the archive all the time.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 05:01:02 pm by iob »

Offline Ashnal

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:26:54 am »
Problem is, there are many parts that can go into multiple slots. Think about right clicking a barrel as you describe. All exos have at least two weapons, and epic ones have up to four. How is the game supposed to know which weapon you want it to go on, and which slot out of the three you want to replace? If you want to indiscriminately equip things, there's always the auto-equip function that will fill empty slots.

Diablo and RPG style right click to equip would never work in this game simply because those games have one item type for each slot, so the game can automatically assume when you right click a helmet that you're putting it in the helmet slot. Bionic Dues doesn't follow that rule or assumption. When you click on a coolant tank it can go into any slot on your exo, so the game asks you which one. Your best bet is to just adapt your habits.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk