Author Topic: Number of bots in a single mission vs. "kill 100 bots in one action" achievement  (Read 17187 times)

Offline CFiend

Hello,
first post here, long time BD player (and Arcen fan since).

I was wondering how is it supposed to be possible to kill 100 bots in one action, when I'm having serious difficulties amassing more than 85 in a single Lion's Den mission. Was the algorithm for in-mission bot placement different in earlier versions of the game so that it resulted in hundreds of enemies?

Offline Eternaly_Lost

Hello,
first post here, long time BD player (and Arcen fan since).

I was wondering how is it supposed to be possible to kill 100 bots in one action, when I'm having serious difficulties amassing more than 85 in a single Lion's Den mission. Was the algorithm for in-mission bot placement different in earlier versions of the game so that it resulted in hundreds of enemies?

Double checking the logs for the patches, the answer is yes.

Here the first entry that I could find, but there might be others around.

The number of regular bot spots in lion's den missions has been cut roughly in half from 150ish to 85ish, making it so that between the 5 lion's den missions you cannot completely clear out the final battle. Still, you can make a great dent.

In other words, it was changed to likely be impossible. As you not likely to see more then the 85 bots in that mission.

You should raise an issue on this on mantis, http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:41:55 pm by Eternaly_Lost »

Offline Aeson

• Full Member Mark II
You might be able to farm DumBots from a Skybot for this, though I'm not certain.

Offline CFiend

Issue opened.

You might be able to farm DumBots from a Skybot for this, though I'm not certain.
Yeah, I also thought about that, but that's near impossible to pull off. I've tried farming Skybots for 20-kill achievement with no success - there's simply not enough space in your typical cramped-corridor-style missions.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
Issue opened.

Yeah, I also thought about that, but that's near impossible to pull off. I've tried farming Skybots for 20-kill achievement with no success - there's simply not enough space in your typical cramped-corridor-style missions.

It would be very cool if the next upgrade put in wider corridors? (i was thinking of some money wrench that would destroy all my planning, haha)   :)  Or have 85 base plus a random 15% on 'some' missions? So that it would be possible to get the achievement, but not all the time.  :)   Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Offline CFiend

Or have 85 base plus a random 15% on 'some' missions? So that it would be possible to get the achievement, but not all the time.  :)   Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening.
Ooh, neat idea. Though I'd vote for more than 15% increase or else you would basically need to have a siege exo capable of sweeping whole map in one shot. (-:

Offline Eternaly_Lost

Issue opened.

It would be very cool if the next upgrade put in wider corridors? (i was thinking of some money wrench that would destroy all my planning, haha)   :)  Or have 85 base plus a random 15% on 'some' missions? So that it would be possible to get the achievement, but not all the time.  :)   Just some thoughts. Thanks for listening.

Plus random 15% will only give you at most 97 bots. You need at least 17% to hit that 100 mark, and for an Achievement, giving that you are liking to end up with bots that can't be hit for some reason, you going to need to see closer to the original 115 or more bots to have it be reasonable possible in randomly generated maps. Crafting the maps can make it so that you only need 100 bots, if you do the exact right thing.

A much better way would be to add a single massive bot battle (A super lion den if you would, 200+ Bots). Make it spawn bots that are NOT a part of the final army, protecting some rather rare loot or something. Then tweak it so that the Achievement can be earned on that mission if you go in with some seriously overpower and massive area fire power.

Offline Teal_Blue

• Hero Member Mark II
SuperLion'sDen sounds good! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk