Author Topic: Great Game but....  (Read 2892 times)

Offline TechShaman

Great Game but....
« on: October 10, 2013, 09:59:16 pm »
Awesome game, it has everything and the price is typical of Arcen games value in a cost per hour played sense.

But the music , man, I feel like my ears have descended into some JRPG/anime nightmare in which only they are experiencing!!!!!!!! Needless to say turning music off and pumping my winamp playlist has solved my one and only gripe .

Well done overall however!

Offline zespri

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Great Game but....
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 12:49:46 am »
The music is generaly loved but as your own case proves you can't cater to everyone's taste. I personally quite like Pablo Vega's music and I think it's quite fitting.

Offline Pakuska

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 01:15:59 am »
Funny that you would say that its "anime/Jrpg" style. I'm a massive animu nerd and love Jrpg's... And I actually love this game's music lol. Sorry that you dont like it. :(

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2013, 01:44:12 am »
I quite like the music as well. You're not the only one I've heard of disliking it, though. I can see how it might not suit everyone.
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2013, 03:22:02 am »
Yea, Pablo Vega Is Awesome.  But also Not For Absolutely Everyone :)  Same with anything, really.

It is amusing to see both posts like the OP in this thread and some like I saw in the steam forum last night where the person started listening to the trailer music and suddenly there was a charge on his credit card (yet he didn't seem to mind).

It's a good thing there's a variety out there!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2013, 03:45:37 am »
He has a new name: Pablo Visa.

Offline Winge

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:51 pm »
It's definitely very good music.

However, not all music is for everyone.  I've gotten into the habit of listening to christianrock.net while playing a game that doesn't have thematic music (I mean music that changes to give you a clue about what is going on, typically in FPS games).
My other bonus ship is a TARDIS.

Offline Shrugging Khan

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Y PzKpfw Tiger!
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 09:14:13 am »
The title music is torture to my ears, and I found the ingame soundtrack to be rather lacking; especially compared to AIW's.

But hey, so I just disable the music and let Youtube play me some Front Line Assembly or whatnot in the background. Or heck, even a French documentary...I play BD for the gameplay, not for the music  8)
The beatings shall continue
until morale improves!

Offline Billick

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 10:26:44 am »
I don't think the title song is necessarily bad, just kind of cheesy.  Also, there is an undocumented feature that you can change the music in the game by adding/removing ogg files in the appropriate folders.  Or you can always turn the music off and listen to your own music.

Offline Admiral

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:50:48 pm »
Interesting.

I usually turn off music in all games, as I find it distracting. I play for the mechanics or for doing things with friends (or random people in MMOs).

I left it on here after hearing the title track of the Vegas's work. It was so unexpectedly different and I found I liked the singer's voice. I think she has an awesome voice.

I have since come to realize that Arcen has a treasure in Pablo. His music is not always great, but it is uniformly decent and very well done.

But, as with everything - there's no accounting for taste! Nobody is going to like everything. :)

Cheers!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 09:10:30 am »
I generally like Pablo's stuff alot myself.  Been pretty pleased with the soundtracks to each game.  I think the title theme for Valley 1 still remains my favorite.   Also the theme for the towers in that game as well, I loved that one.

Though I ended up not caring all that much for the title theme in this game.... but then, I generally dont like anything with lyrics as a rule.

Other than that though the overall soundtrack to this one is pretty good.  I still need to jam it onto a CD for the car, but ehhh.... effort.  Have to actually find the blasted CDs among the exploded wire chaos around the desk here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk