Author Topic: .910 now out.  (Read 9194 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
.910 now out.
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:59:53 am »
Release notes: http://arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=Bionic_Dues_Alpha_Release_Notes#Alpha_0.910

Restart steam to force a quick update if you want.

I think the release notes stand for themselves this time, although the motivations here are basically to just make the exo customization as streamlined as possible so that you don't have a bunch of secondary chaff to sort through, but you still have interesting choices to make.  Sometimes it's a fine line.  There are still more interface additions to come for the customization, like some changes to the part picker stats display and adding a filter for specific effects on parts in the inventory view and the part picker.  But those only go so far, so the mix of parts is what we're trying to sort out first.

Enjoy!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
  • WARNING: May Contain Objectionable Opinions
Re: .910 now out.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 07:09:31 am »
Er...started new game, entered customisation, found a pretty major problem: EVERYTHING PRODUCES POWER.
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Or is that "to kill"?  Hmm.

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:17:55 am »
Mark levels are now showing on item slots after you remove an item from them. Mantis.

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:08 am »
Oh, and, I'm still getting threatened by fuel tanks: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12302

Fuel tanks can still be EMP'd, too.
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:47:37 am »
Seems that bugs are out on hunt for this version..  8)

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 08:24:19 am »
Hm, I've done 3 missions here, gotten about 4 of the scavenging-increase terminals, but I'm still getting level 0 items from the missions and store.

Is that supposed to happen?

Also, all of these changes sound pretty great.

EDIT:  Also, what exactly do the explosion boosters work on, other than the Siege Exo's stuff?  They dont seem to work on anything else, including the Grenade Launcher or the Brawler's weapons.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:27:24 am by Misery »

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 08:26:54 am »
What level of items were you getting at the end of the game before? I may need to adjust that. Also, scavenging level itself may just need to go away as an unneeded complication, and then key the parts quality off the day.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 08:32:02 am »
What level items was I getting from the previous version of the game?   Er, I dont really recall.  I started a totally new game for this one because of the different progression...  deleted my older saves simply because they were cluttering up the load screen and were useless anyway.

And changing the scavenging thing might be a good idea.  It's kinda confusing as to how it works and what the number means exactly anyway. I assume the terminals then would just increase it by one level as if 2 days had passed?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 08:36:01 am »
The terminals are just going away, as that really would be waaay too powerful now.  But a question for you: has anyone ever seen a level 50 item, or close?  What level of item is the highest you remember seeing?

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:40:50 am »
Hm, I dont THINK I've seen them.   My memory is notoriously bad though.

Dont the satellite-icon missions can keep it from advancing since you just outright skip a few days?  If the levels are lower than expected by the endgame, that might be the reason.

Offline nas1m

• Master Member
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 08:41:40 am »
Er...started new game, entered customisation, found a pretty major problem: EVERYTHING PRODUCES POWER.
I guess you mean everything "consumes 0 power"?
At least that's what I am seeing...
Craving some more color and variety in your next Bionic run? Grab a boost and a couple of custom floors!

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 08:44:52 am »

That's in there too.  Some items say that, but most that I've seen are actually producing power instead.

Offline Aquohn

• Full Member Mark III
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 08:49:44 am »

Mantis'd: http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/view.php?id=12456

Save also attached here, if you're particularly lazy ;)
Arcen in Summary:
thank you so much, RNG
It aims to please!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 09:24:36 am »
.911 now out:

-------------------

The concept of the scavenging level has been removed in favor of just having items get better with each passing day. Otherwise it was far too complicated to understand, and in general players were not getting the top-tier items anyhow.
        This probably also fixes the "no energy cost" or "negative energy cost" bug from the prior version, but let us know.

The progression of item levels is now a bit faster, so that you wind up with the max item level a few days before the last day, rather than exactly on the last day.

Offline Misery

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 09:40:08 am »
So.... wait. 

Is this going to still be going with the 1 level per every couple of days method, or is this going back to the 1 per day thing?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk