Author Topic: No launch rock spell  (Read 1867 times)

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
No launch rock spell
« on: February 03, 2012, 12:55:04 am »
I figure here is more appropriate for this than Mantis since as far as I know I'm the only one with this problem. I've got the 'launch rock' spell in my inventory, but the game insists that I don't know it on this continent. This is a game that I started with the first open beta, so no doubt I'm being silly by trying to keep it working. I've attached the world.dat and region.dat and the folder for just the home settlement. If I recall correctly, that's all you need to look at it, yes?

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: No launch rock spell
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 08:29:21 am »
It should have unlocked it for you, but for whatever reason did not -- that's an old world bug more than anything else, though, and not really worth a fix because it would just be giving you an unfair advantage anyhow. ;)

Since the ep on old worlds starts at 1, if you have half the spells unlocked that throws off the ep progression. Not the end of the world, but not having it happen here also doesn't mean that it's really much of a disadvantage, to be honest. What you'd want to do is just learn launch rock like you would in a new world -- maybe even the tier 2 or 3 version, if it's your go-to spell.

Hope that makes sense!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 10:30:50 am »
Sure, no worries. I hardly ever used it anyway. Just seemed weird that the game refused to give me a default spell. I'll just keep playing until I find the higher tier or figure out where another continent is hiding. A challenge, since my first continent is ridiculously huge by current standards...

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:34:11 am »
It's not actually a default spell now, I'm pretty sure, which is the change -- if I'm wrong that's a more serious bug, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tigersfan

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Master Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 11:17:52 am »
No, it's not a default spell anymore, much to my dismay. ;)

Offline BobTheJanitor

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 11:22:39 am »
Hmm, I was basing that assumption on one of the patch notes from a little while back, under Beta 0.551:

The following spells are now unlocked for free on every continent: fire touch, fireball, ball of light, emit light, energy pulse, launch rock, tidal pulse, forest rage, creeping death, ice burst, ball lightning, storm dash, and miasma whip.

I guess it must have changed and just not made it into the notes, or I am bad at Ctrl + F

Edit: Ok, so after much searching, I give up. What, if anything, IS unlocked by default now?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:47:49 pm by BobTheJanitor »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk