Author Topic: Video v0.402 - Working Ships Show And Tell  (Read 2786 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Video v0.402 - Working Ships Show And Tell
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:59:49 pm »

Just some visuals for ships, not all of which are in the game. The ships that are in the game and the ships that have visuals are two different sets for a variety of reasons, although there's 80%+ overlap I'd say.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Video v0.402 - Working Ships Show And Tell
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:42 pm »
Can we still keep the "Dreadnought/Battleship/Cruiser" style names for the Spirecraft? Dreadnought just sounds so much cooler to me than "Spire Mark V"...

Edit: You are allowed to say "No", and I am allowed to edit all the names in the XML to be what I like if you do say "No" ;-)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:34:46 pm by BadgerBadger »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:18:44 am »
Spirecraft per se were not called that, though Spirecraft per se are not in AIW2. The big ships you could build in Fallen Spire were called Frigate/Destroyer/Cruiser/Battleship/Dreadnought and I'll be keeping those names for those. They're in a very different class than Starships, since the Spire construction scale starts at "conspicuously big" and goes up from there.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 08:48:48 am »
Yeah, I always confused Spirecraft and "Fallen Spire Ships". I'm glad to hear it!

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 10:39:52 am »
When the white ships aren't really visible but most of the colored ones are, it kind of looks like a sort of ship carnival or something with all the colors. Also though I know that the spire ships are like the fallen spire instead of what was originally planned due to having to work with a reduced budget, is there any chance of an expansion making them their own playable race like originally planned coming out in the future?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 11:08:41 am »
Yep, it's quite a circus when you just have a bunch of ships sitting there in a close-together parking lot doing nothing.  Pretty amusing.  In the context of the game itself, it doesn't look that way. ;)

In terms of expansions later on that do [insert whatever here], I'd say "never say never," basically.  The idea is that this is flexible enough that we can hopefully do whatever we want in the future without having to rebuild this from the ground up again for at least another half-decade, if not more.  Knock on wood.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 08:52:04 pm »
I'm looking forward to getting a sense of the feel of how the 1.0 release with all the trimmings feels (and sells!) before thinking about what should go in expansions.

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
So I'm assuming .402 state is "Keith slowly plugging away at the last batch of ships, with Chris spending time on other projects", so hopefully sometime next week?

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 12:10:12 pm »
At the moment that is the case, yes.  I did a couple of big batches of stuff as part of 0.402 that won't actually be visible in 0.402 until later on, since it requires code from Keith first, and work from Cinth to wire it up even when there is code.  Blue and Cinth are plugging away at things on the models and wiring side, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk