Author Topic: Should there be an alternative AIP/Hacking cost to get a planet?  (Read 1507 times)

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
I encountered a sort of cool thing while play testing now with minor factors that will destroy an AI Command Station. Wanted to get a barometer on whether this is considered a feature or an exploit (probably the latter?).

Here are some possible scenarios at of 0.878:
  • Player directly kills an AI Command Station with its warp gate (+20AIP), gets scouting information. They also get the hacking and science points over time (+30 hacking).
  • Player hacks for knowledge (at least -30 Hacking points), and dumbly takes te planet (+20AIP) with its scouting information.
  • Player allows third party to kill the AI Command station. They take the now neutral planet (+20AIP) and gets scouting information. They also get the hacking and science points over time (+30 hacking points).
  • Player allows third party to kill the AI Command station. They hack for neutral knowledge extraction (+5 AIP/-10Hack), getting the knowledge after only 10 seconds. They then take the neutral planet (+0AIP), and get some hacking points back (+30/0). They do not get scouting information.

The last option nets a planet, trading only 10 hacking point and a chance to scout for -15AIP. This is absurdly cheap. However, I'm inclined to keep it as a possible alternate way since you need some other faction to do it for you (marauders being the easiest to trick). Maybe it is a fairer trade to use up 40 hacking plus scouting to net a 15AIP bonus. Maybe it's just a dirty exploit and I should be ashamed of myself. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 05:37:54 am by PokerChen »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: Should there be an alternative AIP/Hacking cost to get a planet?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 09:28:56 pm »
The last option is just a plain bug in the code and needs to be fixed. If you can still hit this in .879 then please open a mantis ticket.

It's possible that my fix in .880 will just fix it outright though.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:13:26 pm by BadgerBadger »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk