Author Topic: Most recent KS update  (Read 8677 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Most recent KS update
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2016, 09:32:52 am »
Maybe it's time to retire the "freaking volunteers" label? Especially if they are doing a kickstarter?

Right, it was simply a way to identify who I was referring to.  Originally they were all contractors anyhow.

Just reminding you. I'm willing to work on stuff for you for free. Willing to sign an NDA or contract saying "No I won't steal your code."

I'd also be up for giving a hand where I can.  I've been a little demotivated lately, so helping Arcen would be just the thing to perk me back up.

All good.  On the Keith side of things, I try not to volunteer things to be available for him in terms of code, because that can get... interesting. ;)  But there's plenty of GUI stuff or other secondary interactions bits that might make the quality of life for players a lot better without stepping on his toes.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2016, 11:23:09 am »
Posting this just because the wording is fantastically awesome.

From Kickstarter autogenerated email:
"We're writing to let you know that AI War II - Will Be Re-Launched! (Canceled) has been canceled by the project creator."

:D

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2016, 11:24:16 am »
Posting this just because the wording is fantastically awesome.

From Kickstarter autogenerated email:
"We're writing to let you know that AI War II - Will Be Re-Launched! (Canceled) has been canceled by the project creator."

Schrodinger's Kickstarter.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2016, 11:30:48 am »
That's absolutely hilarious. :)

And yeah, I renamed the project near the end so that we could simply call the new one "AI War II" again and not have it be confusing in our profile and such.  So much better than "AI War II - Relaunch!" or whatever on the second one, which I've seen a lot of times.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2016, 11:36:58 am »
And yeah, I renamed the project near the end so that we could simply call the new one "AI War II" again and not have it be confusing in our profile and such.  So much better than "AI War II - Relaunch!" or whatever on the second one, which I've seen a lot of times.

Oh sure, I totally get it, I just had trouble parsing the email the first time because there was no special text formatting on the project name. :D
"Canceled (canceled) has been canceled."

Edit:
Now imagine this:
"Previously Canceled" a game about rebooting old TV shows
"Uncanceled! (previously Previously Canceled) - (Canceled) has been Canceled"

(And now my brain thinks the word "canceled" looks misspelled.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 11:42:22 am by Draco18s »

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2016, 11:43:24 am »
"(Project Name) has been accidentally by the project creator."

;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2016, 12:09:47 pm »
"Cancelled: The project for re-un-canceling the cancellation of the speeling of the word canceled" has been canceled by the cancelling council.

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2016, 01:52:28 pm »
    Maybe it's time to retire the "freaking volunteers" label? Especially if they are doing a kickstarter?

Right, it was simply a way to identify who I was referring to.  Originally they were all contractors anyhow.

I was a volunteer before I ever became a contractor.  :P
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2016, 01:57:27 pm »

I was a volunteer before I ever became a contractor.  :P

Okay, that's true.  :)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
So I was thinking, this KS was the most AI War thing ever.

We launched in to the great unknown for the first time, started great, made some mistakes, and got thoroughly trounced in the end.  We learned a lot, had some fun and are foaming at the mouth to try again!  OK, maybe not foaming at the mouth, but ready to go again.

I mean, we even got the game over screen.

We're writing to let you know that AI War II - Will Be Re-Launched! (Canceled) has been canceled by the project creator.
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2016, 02:14:04 pm »
I know, right?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2016, 02:14:51 pm »
So I was thinking, this KS was the most AI War thing ever.
Dude, where's my forcefield?

(You Lost!)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2016, 02:28:41 pm »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2016, 02:45:12 pm »
God. We are such nerds.
(And probably also Dwarf Fortress players)

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2016, 03:00:49 pm »
And probably also Dwarf Fortress players
Tried DF but I just couldn't.  So no, not a DF player.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk