Author Topic: Kickstarter Backer Tier Modifications  (Read 17460 times)

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
Re: Kickstarter Backer Tier Modifications
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2016, 12:19:42 pm »
I find that 15 dollars for early access cheap, even for early access. Is it intentional every tier gets early access?
That is the early bird special for the $20 tier. And I think the game is going to be released into EA because I remember reading somewhere that if you give $20 you get the game with the general public.

Difference between 120 and 200 dollar tier? I see two extra keys and an mk IV badge but that there is more for 80 dollars right?

The extra keys and the badge is the only difference I see. I could have sworn I put in another difference but apparently not and now I can't think of what would be good to put in there.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2016, 12:21:34 pm »
Dinosaur Model: Deinonychus, Wolf Of The Early Cretaceous...

Aw man, now I want that badly.  But it's way too expensive for me, and closed anyhow...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2016, 12:22:50 pm »
Dinosaur Model: Deinonychus, Wolf Of The Early Cretaceous...
Aw man, now I want that badly.  But it's way too expensive for me, and closed anyhow...

Yeah. Hence why I shoved $5 at the guy because it was so cool.

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2016, 03:02:57 pm »
4. I renamed a lot of the mark tiers since now we have more of these gradations, and the topmost levels are no longer mark levels at all, but instead are alien race names.  Spire are the top two, and then Zenith below that for now.  Seems fitting, and better than just keeping the mark levels going up.

Err I had everything set up perfectly for mark levels, and then you go and change it. :P ('Twas a joke, and I've fixed it, we just need icons for the Spire and Zenith backers)

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 08:12:48 am »
Wait, shouldn't "MkV Backer" read as "Core Backer"?  >D

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 08:19:00 am »

...Well yes, probably. I went ahead and changed it in this document, but I don't have edit rights to the actual document, so Chris will need to update that.

Offline Chthon

• Sr. Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 08:23:17 am »

...Well yes, probably. I went ahead and changed it in this document, but I don't have edit rights to the actual document, so Chris will need to update that.
You might want to change it back actually. I'm just being a little troll. Page 78, key terminology changes in the design document says that they will be referring to all core designs as Mk V now. ;)

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2016, 08:28:00 am »
I should probably actually read that giant thing. I haven't read it since it was like a quarter of the current size.

On the note of Mark V vs Core, I'm not sure which is easier. If case doesn't matter, then [redacted] becomes much easier. Otherwise everyone is getting training in [redacted].

Offline WolfWhiteFire

• Full Member Mark II
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 04:07:30 pm »
So is there any plans on when the kickstarter will start? Also roughly how long will this be in early access? Because I have seen early access games that have been in early access for quite a while and it could kind of stink to have to wait a year after backing before you get the game with the 15 and 20 dollar tiers.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 04:46:24 pm »
Chris has been busy with a few things and its pushed back the Kickstarter a bit.
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,19194.0.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk