Author Topic: GUI Progress, Main Menu Updates, Shiels, Beta News, Trailer Help Request, etc.  (Read 9294 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Done. :)

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
Hurray! :)
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline etheric42

In summary:

1) Structure is cheap, but countered by lots of different weapons (including the super-long-range sniper weapons)

2) Armor is expensive, but is only countered by short-range weapons. On the other hand, even lowly fighters carry anti-armor weapons.

3) Jammers are middlingly expensive, and only mid-range and long-range weapons counter it (once plasma bolts are switched to anti-deflectors).

4) Deflectors are expensive and only occur on large units (same as shields before them), and the only long-range anti-deflector weapons are also on large units (and small units with short-range ones are rare)

So for a lark a couple of weekends back, I put together a rebalance in order to teach myself how the XML files fit together.  Interestingly I had a similar fourth category.

I made all squad ships defense evasion, all starships defense armor, all turrets defense structure and all huge ships defense "capital".  Then balanced the capitals and anti-capitals to have extreme range, all squad ships to be fast but short range and the starships/turrets somewhere in the middle.  It was a fun variant and had me staging squad raids to take down a system's anti-capital fire before popping in with the "big guns" on a souped up Ark/Flagship to pulverize the rest of their defenses.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
Wow, the icons look goood, like really good. Maybe a little too colorful for my taste but the actual images are great.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Thanks! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk