Author Topic: Fuel Generator Model (WIP)  (Read 2614 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MHB

• Newbie Mark II
Re: Fuel Generator Model (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 04:31:59 pm »
Seems more like a battery than something that makes fuel to me.
I am actually a servant of the AI

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:38:06 pm »
Well, paint goes a long way. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MHB

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 04:44:15 pm »
Oh, of course, the pain on these models has already changed my mind completely with things like the Ark and Guardians! Hopefully this'll be no different!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 09:46:25 am »
You were right, as it turns out. :)

https://forums.arcengames.com/ai-war-ii/fuel-generator-model-(wip)-becomes-reactor-model/

Credit where it is due!  Thanks!

Offline MHB

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 10:25:55 am »
Glad to help :)

Offline Blue

• Arcen Games Art Director
  • Newbie Mark III
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2017, 11:28:15 am »
Absolutely MHB!

Sometimes it's better to 'admit defeat' as it were, and see it for a better shinier example of something else.

Can't always win it on the first go, but if it can turn around and become something else just as well or even better, it's still an awesome win. :)

-Blue

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:17:28 pm »
I've had this happen before.

Offline Butterland

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 01:44:31 am »
Hey guys,

This feels very pedantic, but I want to point out that solar energy seems like the likely source of all of our Universe's technology, simply because of Tesla's awesome madness:

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Futurology/comments/5diom3/teslas_solar_roof_to_cost_less_than_a_regular/

Despite the fact that in 1000 years no matter what we do we'll seem anachronistic, it feels like currently all of the ships in AI:War are powered by the star they are currently orbiting.

I could be totally mistaken (ie. nuclear and/or bio/chemical), but it just seems like solar conversion is everything in 3017?

Offline z99-_

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2017, 11:36:52 am »
I think the timeframe of AI War is set so far into the future that speculating on power sources is unnecessary. For reference, when asked about what year the game is set in, the response was 'this is set so far into the future that the humans wouldn't even know what the Gregorian calendar system is'.

However, if you do want to speculate on power sources, I think I can state with certainty that solar power will not be the technology used. It can't even provide enough power for our dinky little spacecraft that want to travel beyond mars, it certainly can't power neutronium-melting antimatter bombs. Given what is known about human technology in AI War, likely power sources would be direct matter conversion, antimatter-matter reactions, or perhaps fusion if the ships are really low tech.

If you want to discuss power generation in general, starting a thread in the off-topic board would be a really great way of hearing some diverse, well thought out opinions on the subject. It's a subject I've learned a fair bit about myself, so I would certainly welcome the opportunity! :D

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 02:11:45 pm »
I could be totally mistaken (ie. nuclear and/or bio/chemical), but it just seems like solar conversion is everything in 3017?
Nah, they're all powered by the Lignite-Iron Drive.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline MHB

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 04:05:15 pm »
Arcen's universe runs off of dwarven science, I don't know why i didn't see this coming.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk