Author Topic: AI War 2 v0.785 Released! "Controls Viewing And Editing"  (Read 2007 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v0.785 Released! "Controls Viewing And Editing"
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:45:02 pm »
Release notes here.

At last!  Finally you can view and edit the controls from within the game, rather than having to open a text file.  Sorry that took so long!

That's the last of the important interfaces, except for the lobby in the custom start.  That one is still not going to be pretty (and bug-free) until sometime this coming week at the earliest.  Next week at the latest.

A bunch of other pieces of the interface are now prettier, and generally easier to read, in this new version.  A variety of bugs were fixed.  And engineers got a 3x speed buff to their function, while fortresses got an all-around offensive buff.

I still have more to fix up with the tutorials!  Augh, I feel like I'm running around like a madman, in some respects.  The tutorials have a few places that still confuse people, and the presentation of the tutorial text could be a bit nicer, could definitely stand to have a log, etc.  Hopefully I can get that done prior to launch tomorrow, we shall see.  It's not a crisis without it, but I just want everything to be as polished as possible for the start of EA.

Either way, more to come tomorrow!  And each day after that.  EA starts tomorrow, but that's not going to interrupt the schedule that we've been maintaining for the last few months.  Thanks for reading and playing!

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options.  You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back.  Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc.  Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page.  If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games?  It doesn't have to be much more detailed than a thumbs up, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen.  Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline RocketAssistedPuffin

• Arcen Volunteer
Re: AI War 2 v0.785 Released! "Controls Viewing And Editing"
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:17:29 pm »
Early Access tomorrow, aaaaaaah! Panic party time!

Kidding. About the party. Panic is still on though - I bought a megaphone and everything!

Things definitely coming together - noticing less bug reports lately. Couple months ago each update used to have a large influx of them, but nowadays sometimes not even one, I think! Imagine comments'll increase with new people, though.
Autistic, so apologies for any communication difficulties!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 08:59:25 pm »
Anyone having trouble on Linux? I'm getting a full screen black screen, and I have to kill it. Switching to "most_recent_stable" in Steam doesn't help any.

EDIT: Rolling back to .722 "last_before_pivot" DOES work.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 09:02:09 pm by TechSY730 »

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 09:25:13 pm »
Works on my fedora box

Offline RabidSanity

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 10:11:20 pm »
No issues on Kubuntu 18.04.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:18:29 am »
TechSY730 -- I bet you are falling prey to this bug: https://bugtracker.arcengames.com/view.php?id=19745

"Still a problem in the wild, however can confirm __GL_GlslUseCollapsedArrays=0 fixes the problem for users.

Nvidia are tracking this bug with ID reference: NVIDIA bug 2254861"

That said, "Our release drivers versions 390.87, 396.54 and 410.57, and greater version numbers, should be carrying the fix."
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2018, 09:19:05 am »
Hey, that fixed it! Thanks.

Strange that even though I have hybrid graphics, I don't use primus or bumblebee (it should be using the GPU for everything). But anyways, I can test things out now. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk