Author Topic: Dumb Request  (Read 1730 times)

Offline narb79

• Newbie Mark III
Dumb Request
« on: July 12, 2018, 06:48:03 pm »
I spend quite a bit jumping back and forth between AIWC and AI 2.

It is a dumb ask to have an option to have build menu toggle on left or right?

I just cant get used to things being on the right, my bad eyesight might be playing a role here too

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Dumb Request
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 10:26:41 am »
The GUI is one of the trickier things, and there just isn't room on the left while still having the tooltips over there and also having room for the wave warnings, etc.  I wish this was easier, but because people can play in any aspect ratio and resolution, the math actually gets pretty hard to do efficiently while still keeping the parts of the GUI at a same-relative-size view for you and not having a cascade of resizes of every element in them.  We've done our best, but I'm still not super happy with the level of flexibility we have there.

Please don't mistake -- GUI requests are absolutely welcome, and we can make various things an option, or make changes of course.  But this is one where there are elements above and below and over top of where the build menu would go, and I just can't fit that there.  I'm sorry!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline narb79

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 08:36:30 pm »
No Worries!    Things to me just feel more natural on the left, Especially if mirror AIWAR Classic.  I will be interested to see the overall feedback from the latest beta.   

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:12:43 am »
Whoops -- I couldn't find this post to update it or credit you, but this change actually just went in last version. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk