Author Topic: Chris got married? Congratulations!  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
Chris got married? Congratulations!
« on: March 20, 2020, 08:12:14 pm »
My warmest and heartfelt congratulations to you and your family. Every day is a blessing, enjoy it!
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Chris got married? Congratulations!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 11:08:08 pm »
Thank you so much!! The ceremony was Tuesday, after our main plans for April were dashed by world events. But it was lovely, and we had our kids with us (from prior marriages but they're truly brother and sister at this point). Life has really turned around in a while lot of areas for me. Got engaged last August, so the shift at the last minute was needed but not so rushed as it would have been if it was an elopement or something.

That's why I've been so scarce this week, though. That and getting estate stuff set up, etc -- just in case. Plus the sale of my old house closes Monday, both kids are having to be schooled at home in quarantine since the state is largely shut down, and so on. My new wife is a physician and as you might imagine there's a lot going on in her world right about now, too.

So just all the things at once. But I was going to take time off in April anyway, so it all works out even in the grand scheme of things. We're really happy.

And yep, I'm also changing my last name, same as she is. No hyphen. Marrying a doctor with publications and so on, we're both tied enough to our names professionally that it didn't seem right for her to be the only one to make a change, and I also liked the idea of how much family unity it shows. So we are both McElligott Park now.

Plus I have a wonderful stepdaughter now, who is really just my daughter for any practical purposes. She's 6, my son is 9, and they get on wonderfully. My son always wanted a little sister, and I was always sad that wasn't in the cards. But after being asked for a divorce, I discovered a whole new side of life, and much healthier relationships. I dated a lot of people who didn't work out, and figured I'd be at that for a long time, but then it was kind of kismet that I met my now-wife relatively quickly in the grand scheme. We've been living together and raising kids together for basically the last year, and it's been transformative for us both.

Who knew: getting engaged when you're 18 does t always work out, even if the first 10 years are OK. 🙄 The next 8 were hellish in a lot of respects, for both my ex and I. We just didn't fit anymore. It's much nicer to meet an adult when you are both complete people, kids in tow, and you really know what you're getting into because most of the major life changes are behind them. I didn't know there was anyone like my wife actually out there. I feel extremely fortunate.

Thanks for the well wishes!!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 11:14:59 am »
Congrats man.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 11:20:51 am »
Thank you!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Logorouge

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:40:06 am »
Hey, that's wonderful news! Congratulations, Mr. McElligott Park.  :)

Offline corfe83

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 01:38:08 pm »
Congratulations!!

Offline ptarth

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • I'm probably joking.
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 01:40:18 pm »
Good fortune to you guys!
Note: This post contains content that is meant to be whimsical. Any belittlement or trivialization of complex issues is only intended to lighten the mood and does not reflect upon the merit of those positions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk