Author Topic: Blue’s WIP tachyon arrays.  (Read 2021 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: Blue’s WIP tachyon arrays.
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:14:11 pm »
Ok, all my yes. That really does look like a thing that would fire off tachyon beams.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 09:47:10 am »
Indeed. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline dfinlay

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 02:18:54 pm »
That looks super awesome. I'm just generally concerned though that a lot of the detail on blue's awesome art will be kind of lost since most of the time people will play zoomed out so they can see the battlefield (unless these are just huge).

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 04:40:44 pm »
These aren't super huge, but depending on the ship some of them are.  A lot of detail is indeed lost a lot of the time, but with the squads flying around more and so on (and possibly the camera able to drop a little lower), you'll be able to get up close and personal better.

Offline Blue

• Arcen Games Art Director
  • Newbie Mark III
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2017, 11:34:56 am »
I'm of the opinion that I would rather the details get lost often in zoom out, then in the few instances when people are zoomed close, it looks like low-poly speed painting.

I doubt the general consensus of people when the art is zoomed out will be 'wow, so much detail lost', but I would bet money that if they zoomed in and it wasn't detailed and pretty, it definitely would be 'oh, this looks like budget art'.

Most art is meant to be viewed at a distance, anyway. :D

The real trick is budgeting my time to were there's a balance here. Just enough for just enough.

Offline Bill Whitmore

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 07:51:26 pm »
We need a ship POV mode so we can watch a massive battle from the point of view of one of our ships and see all the details!

of course, that might destroy my computer if I tried to do that in a massive battle.

Offline treyra

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2017, 12:46:52 am »
POV was something Chris talked about in Kickstarter, but I think its budget was axed for now. Perhaps in a post release update. It sure would be nice for replays.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 08:54:30 pm »
Is it hard to attach a camera to a point? I was under the impression there would be some camera options to enjoy giant space battle action.
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2017, 10:55:35 am »
Is it hard to attach a camera to a point? I was under the impression there would be some camera options to enjoy giant space battle action.

Sure, I intend to do that at some point.  Various methods of camera control are not difficult in the slightest.  It's the minigame where you're shooting enemies that had to be cut for now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk