Poll

Should the game get a 25% increase of damage, to help speed it up?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
1 (50%)
Yes, but more damage
0 (0%)
Yes, but less damage
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: 25% damage increase for most of the game? (Closed)  (Read 1640 times)

Offline RocketAssistedPuffin

• Arcen Volunteer
Poll: 25% damage increase for most of the game? (Closed)
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:35:24 pm »
As mentioned here: https://forums.arcengames.com/ai-war-ii/ai-war-2-v0-768-released!-'golem-rebirth'/ by Chris, units may feel as if they're dying too slowly. Attached is a folder with some GameEntity files in it: You can replace your own with these to "preview" the possible changes, so to speak.

Everything in there has a 25% damage increase, minus a few AoE things, like Flak and Tesla. AI Guard Posts have been massively increased in firepower as well - so the AIs actual defensive units should be a threat now.

A 25% damage increase should reduce the time-to-kill time overall by 20%, i.e a 5 minute battle will now take 4 minutes. I think it best if this is done slower and more gradual.

Factions are currently not included, unless they happen to use the ships in these files, i.e Marauders, or Human Resistance, or things that the Nanocaust nicks from someone.

If you wish to remove the files, simply verify your game integrity using the normal Steam method, and it'll revert your game to the 100% vanilla, official version.

Please feel free to give any opinion or thoughts on the matter. I would like to note that this can always be changed later, of course!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:46:13 pm by RocketAssistedPuffin »
Autistic, so apologies for any communication difficulties!

Offline HeartHunter

• Newbie Mark II
New game. 8/8/8/ no faction, rewave, pike.
6 planets for 6 mins, 12 planets for 22 mins, 35 planets for one hour. Feels like i play fast RTS game : D
I beat big(for early) Warden fleet, and then Warden trying loosing for every planet with a few ships. Thats was ez race.
With this 25% dmg i clear every planet very fast, Sentinel cant ever make normal wave. For one hour, he may be made 2-3 waves+a few rewave, becouse i dont feel any resistance, i almost never used "Human" micro. Just press "1", "v" and go kill command centr with gateway, then clear the planet and repyte.
Hunter, who is it? I seen this fleet in early a little. And then nothing.

In one hour i have 650 AIP and no one of AI can hold me, they just dont have any army. They diying more fast, so i can farm planets more fast too.
And how about make more science gathering for mark1 LAB : D? Game so fast, cant get all science. And space dock mark 2 can be too good : D
If you want increase dmg, i think 25% its maximum dmg, whitch you can see, no more and may be its big. Its like RTS game. + AI need more logic for this dmg(and vanilla?). Stop loosing Warden fleet(a little boys) for every planet. And wake up Hunter fleet. Sentinel okay.

• Arcen Volunteer
I'm not sure how...useful that info is, since you seem to have a fairly broken set of AIs for whatever reason. I definitely get far more resistance even on 7/7/7.

• Arcen Volunteer
Closed the poll - gone on long enough without much more data. Everyone who mentioned it says less damage, or it's fine as is, and my personal further experience is, fine as is.

Changing the damage'd mean revamping so much of the balance as well - and that's time consuming. So answer is, keep as is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk