Author Topic: AI War 2 v2.048 Released! "Bugfixes"  (Read 3927 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
AI War 2 v2.048 Released! "Bugfixes"
« on: May 22, 2020, 04:59:10 pm »

This one is nothing but a collection of bugfixes, but there are some very welcome ones. Full notes here.

What's new?

• You can upgrade forcefield frigates beyond mark 4, as they now use the heavy hull tech type.
  • Fleet Research Stations, new in the last version, now properly charge you AI Progress (AIP) for the things you get from them.
  • Handy new cheat code "heal me" that is useful for bugtesting.
  • Multiple improvements to make tachyon sources way more efficient.
  • A fix to make tachyon sources work at the proper speed when they are on background planets (with coarse processing on) or when you have the sim speed higher than one. Previously it took longer to decloak enemies, but now it works at the same speed regardless of those factors. This is a super old issue! At least two years old, if not more.
  • We also found and removed a really super old form of performance profile logging, which generally was unused but could be toggled on by some unknown mechanism and then slow down your game at some points. This was code that hadn't been touched in 2-3 years, s it was a surprising find.
  • Fallen Spire cities that were able to rarely get extra flagships now have those properly scaled back. And if you ever have a city missing its flagship, it will fix that for you (though we've no reports of that).
  • And finally, there was a very annoying issue that if you had selected any ships directly and they changed planets, it would deselect them. Selecting by fleet did not have this problem, so to people who experienced it, it just seemed intermittent. As someone who pretty much always selects by-fleet, I had not been seeing the issue until it was pointed out with steps on how to reproduce it.

More to come soon!

Please Do Report Any Issues!

If you run into any bugs, we'd definitely like to hear about those.

The release of this game has been going well so far, and I think that the reviews that folks have been leaving for the game have been a big help for anyone passing by who's on the fence. For a good while we were sitting at Overwhelmingly Positive on the Recent Reviews breakdown, but there have been a lot fewer reviews lately and so that has definitely had a material negative effect. Go figure. Having a running selection of recent reviews definitely is helpful, but at least we have a pretty healthy set of long-term reviews. If you've been playing the game and enjoying it, we'd greatly appreciate it if you'd drop by and leave your own thoughts, too.

More to come soon. Enjoy!

Problem With The Latest Build?

If you right-click the game in Steam and choose properties, then go to the Betas tab of the window that pops up, you'll see a variety of options. You can always choose most_recent_stable from that build to get what is essentially one-build-back. Or two builds back if the last build had a known problem, etc. Essentially it's a way to keep yourself off the very bleeding edge of updates, if you so desire.

The Usual Reminders

Quick reminder of our new Steam Developer Page. If you follow us there, you'll be notified about any game releases we do.

Also: Would you mind leaving a Steam review for some/any of our games? It doesn't have to super detailed, but if you like a game we made and want more people to find it, that's how you make it happen. Reviews make a material difference, and like most indies, we could really use the support.

Enjoy!

Chris

Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lord Of Nothing

• Full Member Mark II
Re: AI War 2 v2.048 Released! "Bugfixes"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 04:27:11 am »
Something I missed at the time but just discovered: with the changes to maximum planet numbers in Beta 2.043, the achievement for winning a game on a 200 planet map is now impossible, since no maps can be generated with 200 planets?

Offline phil

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 11:38:35 am »
Is there an ETA for the GOG builds to be updated?  Downloading the Linux one now -- appears to be version 2.046.  (2.047 for Windows and Mac.)
Thanks!

Offline tadrinth

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 04:15:26 pm »
Any chance of the new patch before the weekend? I'm really excited for minor factions to not kill warp gates! I think hunter fleet spawns are much better as a counter.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:12:25 pm »
Any chance of the new patch before the weekend? I'm really excited for minor factions to not kill warp gates! I think hunter fleet spawns are much better as a counter.

I missed this until now, but it's now out in beta on Steam!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk