Author Topic: [Feedback] Unit Selections  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
[Feedback] Unit Selections
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:04:45 pm »
I realized that I can run this game on the cheap laptop I purchased when both of my other machines kicked the bucket. Even if I do lose battery power even while plugged in.

Anyway, unit selections are a little wonky IMO.

Couple of different things going that combine into a single "this does not do what I want/would expect."

Problem #1:
Sending a selection of units through a wormhole, then sending yourself through that wormhole has an inconsistent result. Ships that went through before you did are not selected. Ships that come through after you are. Desired behavior would be that both groupings remain selected. Alternatively, no ships are selected (less desirable, but consistent).

Problem #2:
Double-selections. Still trying to nail down this one precisely, but I think it works like this:
1) Select some units
2) Change planets
3) Select some different units
4) Give a move command on the galaxy map
Expected result: only ships selected in (3) move to the indicated location
Actual result: all ships from both selections (1) and (3) move to the indicated location (non-shift selection clears previous selection)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 07:07:17 pm by Draco18s »

Offline RocketAssistedPuffin

• Arcen Volunteer
Re: [Feedback] Unit Selections
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:48 pm »
I will add that being on the galaxy map causes any of your units that use any wormhole to follow the adding to selection behaviour that you mentioned. Which is really horrific.
Autistic, so apologies for any communication difficulties!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:18:55 pm »
Draco, I added your feedback to Mantis.

The problem, from my understanding, results from the ability to have multiple selections on different planets. I don't remember why that was set up, but it sounded really cool so it happened. Turns out, its a bit buggy.
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline HeartHunter

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:41:54 am »
5)*dont allow ships make route through the enemy planets

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 04:46:09 pm »
The problem, from my understanding, results from the ability to have multiple selections on different planets. I don't remember why that was set up, but it sounded really cool so it happened. Turns out, its a bit buggy.

I kind of figured that that might be the case, but I couldn't remember if that multiple selections thing was a Thing or Not A Thing.

5)*dont allow ships make route through the enemy planets

Speaking of routing, routes ARE shown on the galaxy map...if the route is across wormholes you know about. When you're sending units to an unexplored planet the path fails to show for those links.  See the attached images (and try and ignore that the nanocaust's color is practically the same as mine).

Offline HeartHunter

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 04:09:35 am »
I know, but ships from time to time add AI planets in the routes, but i see, that ships trying ignore enemy planets.
If they dont must ignore enemy planets, better dont reassuring the Human.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 11:24:35 am »
I know

I know you know. I was complaining about an additional thing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk