Author Topic: 10/2 Update: Coming Very Very Soon  (Read 12286 times)

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: 10/2 Update: Coming Very Very Soon
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 11:54:45 pm »
I have only few very importation bits related to the KS to add

You wanna launch your KS next week? But do you actually have the KS front video recorded, cut and polished yet? Don't skimp on that, that 1 video, the first minute, is what makes or breaks a KS. If you show the video to an AI War 1 fan and he doesn't say "woah, gimme!" after 30 seconds, then remake the video until he does ;) And even a non- AI War fan should be interested in it after 1 minute.

Making these KS videos seems to me the absolute most important thing. And of course, updates on the KS page need to be daily, and staff needs to be there answering comments. So be sure not to put the time-range into something where staff isn't around 24/7
It's a work in progress! I've heard the first drafts and it should come together tomorrow.

Paypal will happen eventually, kinda a secondary concern at the moment.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 06:31:31 pm »
The video is up!  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/arcengames/611177331?token=77fc57f9

Won't be on youtube until we launch the KS.  It gets all the salient stuff across in the first 1:10, and then basically drives it even further home for another 50ish seconds after that.  It even directly embeds everyone's favorite old trailer for the first game, #3.  Lots of really cool contrast between the old and the new.

The importance of a good video is apparently something that people are divided about.  Having a video at all makes a big difference, and having one that is less than 5 minutes also makes a difference, but the actual completion rate of people watching even short videos is pretty low.  Hopefully this one is compelling enough and dense enough with information to get a lot of completed views.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Mad Rubicant

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 06:46:47 pm »
Oh man that Spire ship. Gimme!

Was that spire ship bigger than a Golem?

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 06:48:20 pm »
That was a Demi-Golem, and yes, that Spire ship was bigger :D
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »
That was a Demi-Golem, and yes, that Spire ship was bigger :D
Oooh  :D
I wonder what the really big stuff will look like, then.

Since you mentioned finding stuff, a few items I noticed in a quick look at the Kickstarted:
AI War 2 is the story of humanity and our allies 353 after the first AI War.
Who're the 353?  Are they a new alien race?

That means that any stretch goals that happen (thanks ahead of time if we there!)
Ja, we there, mon.

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 08:20:37 pm »
Since you mentioned finding stuff, a few items I noticed in a quick look at the Kickstarted:
AI War 2 is the story of humanity and our allies 353 after the first AI War.
Who're the 353?  Are they a new alien race?

That means that any stretch goals that happen (thanks ahead of time if we there!)
Ja, we there, mon.
:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk