Author Topic: 0.120 "Bugfixes" released!  (Read 3397 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
0.120 "Bugfixes" released!
« on: April 25, 2017, 03:40:39 pm »
Pretty much just a hotfix release, but should be welcome: https://wiki.arcengames.com/index.php?title=AI_War_2:Earlier_Than_Early_Alpha#Version_0.120_Bugfixes

It's worth noting that a number of these bugs may have been present prior to 0.119, but not reported because of the bug with things from secondary threads not being reported prior to 0.119.

I bring this up because it's possible that some of the existing tickets about strange behaviors in the game in 0.119 and previous MAY be accidentally solved by these fixes.  Sometimes we wind up with "downstream errors" where something works very wrong later because it had an unhandled exception previously.  This might have been possible in 0.118 and back without us knowing, because of the secondary thread bug.

Anyhow, if there were any bugs that you were seeing repeatedly before but don't seem to see anymore, then making a note on their mantis report as to that would be welcome.  Similarly, if there are any pre-0.119 bugs that are in there that you definitely ARE still seeing, putting a quick note to that effect is plenty welcome also.

Thanks, everybody!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Re: 0.120 "Bugfixes" released!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 04:28:05 pm »
Great! I look forward to giving things a try. Any luck with the weird wormhole flickering bug? That's probably the weirdest one of the lot.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 04:31:16 pm »
Have not looked into that one yet -- though it's possible it was a downstream bug from these other issues.  Please let me know if you continue to see it.  When there are secondary thread nullrefs, then all sorts of other strange things can happen, so I'd like to re-assess what is busted now.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2017, 04:51:18 pm »
I love undefined behaviour!

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2017, 07:33:09 pm »
Exactly.  :D

Offline z99-_

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2017, 08:30:26 pm »
Just call it an 'emergent gameplay element' and list it as a feature. ;)

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 10:45:32 pm »
This is a testing request for Keith, but is there a simple way to enable all the ships for the player immediately? I'd like to try creating some of every ship and making sure it works happily for me, but I don't know the best way in XML to do this. I could go capture all the ARS, but look at it this way; if you tell me how to do this I'll spend time making sure I test this, but if you make me capture all the ARS then I won't ;-).

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 08:33:03 am »
This is a testing request for Keith, but is there a simple way to enable all the ships for the player immediately? I'd like to try creating some of every ship and making sure it works happily for me, but I don't know the best way in XML to do this. I could go capture all the ARS, but look at it this way; if you tell me how to do this I'll spend time making sure I test this, but if you make me capture all the ARS then I won't ;-).
Good point. Right now it's fairly easy to modify the XML so that your Ark auto-produces whichever fleet ships (or starships), but you have to modify 3-ish files. That would be greatly simplified by my adding a "list of techs you start with" in XML, so I'll try to add that soon.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk