Author Topic: Announcement: slight adjustment to assignment of forum badges and in-game credit  (Read 11083 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Hey folks!

Hope you all are well. :)

So -- basically, add-ons from backerkit, plus the backerkit backers in general, throw off things a bit when it comes to giving people, fairly, badges that reflect the level they actually supported the game.  With that in mind, what I've opted to do is make it so that the badges are simply based on the total dollar amount spent, rather than on the actual pledge tiers.  In 90% or more of the cases, probably 98% or more of cases honestly, this yields the exact same result.

In those few cases where it does not, it should instead reflect your greater contribution (thank you!), which I feel like is deserved.  If for whatever reason you are assigned into a tier that is higher that you do not want, then please let myself or Quinn (Dominus Arbitrationis) know, and we'll get you sorted out by hand.  Our goal is that nobody is unhappy with their badge-level, and that everyone is fairly represented.

So here's how it is broken out:
16-23 MarkI
24-43 MarkII
44-71 MarkIII
72-99 MarkIV
100-259 MarkV
260-319 Fenyn
320-399 Nemesis
400-499 Neinzul
500-799 Zenith
800-1999 Burlust
2000-9999 Spire
10000+ Platinum
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
Do we know what the badges will look like yet? Or do we find out once they are enabled?

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Do we know what the badges will look like yet? Or do we find out once they are enabled?
I believe they were on the kickstarter page.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
I believe they were on the kickstarter page.

Here's that mock again, reposted.  It has them in odd positions and some of them are outdated versions of the icons, but it gets the idea across.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Dominus Arbitrationis

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Arcen Staff
  • Sr. Member Mark III
They are live! You should be able to see them on people's profile!
Come help out at the Wiki!

Have ideas or bug reports for one of Arcen's games or any part of the site? Use  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games and site better!

Offline BadgerBadger

• Arcen Volunteer
  • Hero Member Mark III
  • BadgerBadgerBadgerBadger
They look great, thank you!

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Neat.

Offline Vinco

• Jr. Member Mark II
This looks like a great place to test my badge.

Right.  Useful content...

I approve of this grading system.

Offline pallenda

• Newbie Mark III
Hmm I supported with 72, should I be MarkIV then?

Also hi, long time no posting.

Offline x4000

• Arcen Staff
Good to see you again!  And got you both fixed, so sorry on my delay!

Offline pallenda

• Newbie Mark III
Cheers. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk