Author Topic: Game State Save Files  (Read 7769 times)

Offline Atepa

Game State Save Files
« on: February 09, 2018, 11:06:32 am »
Chris, I'm not sure how practical / do-able this would be for You or Keith, but while we're going through these interface setups / discussions would it be possible for us to get a couple saved files from different point in a game(s)? Something where we have a good foothold already, or a large chunk of the map we control so that we can see the various stages of the UI and how it plays out, without having to play through a whole game to get there. Even if it is just the saves you use for your video.

My reasoning being that 1) I'm still getting my butt kicked on diff7 while getting used to all the new things, and 2) it is one of the longer-ish games to play through.

My only worry is that saves won't be compatible with more recent patches/updates, which would make this probably far more hassle to managed than it would help.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Game State Save Files
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 11:08:34 am »
Sure, I think that makes good sense.  I collect savegames for purposes of performance and regression testing as it is, and I think so does Keith, so sharing those around is pretty easy. We don't have any plans for breaking savegame compatibility again (that one time we did it was really a one-off), so it should continue working as we get further.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk