Author Topic: Scope of "Devious new AI tricks"  (Read 5347 times)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Scope of "Devious new AI tricks"
« on: September 11, 2016, 09:01:07 pm »
So, what is the scope of "Devious new AI tricks" (either strategic positioning, or fleet management, or micro, or whatever) for AIW2?

What about addressing exploitable "quirks" that the current AI War AI has?

I'd like to get some idea of what kinds of things would be reasonable for now before I start spamming the ideas forum. :P

Offline Captain Jack

• Hero Member Mark II
  • Just lucky
Re: Scope of "Devious new AI tricks"
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:20:25 pm »
So, what is the scope of "Devious new AI tricks" (either strategic positioning, or fleet management, or micro, or whatever) for AIW2?

What about addressing exploitable "quirks" that the current AI War AI has?

I'd like to get some idea of what kinds of things would be reasonable for now before I start spamming the ideas forum. :P
My understanding is that a lot of what are now AI plots are going to become things the AI just does. I can see Shark-B behavior going off if the AI manages to knock you off a planet in a solar system and just sending a bunch of extra ships at you to contest other planets within that solar system. Higher difficulties might have Avegers, Motherships and Hunter-Killers in their toolbox if they start losing. That sort of thing.

...And then there's the new behaviors I won't pretend to know anything about except "they'll exist" and "Cinth/Kahuna save us".

Offline Orelius

Re: Scope of "Devious new AI tricks"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 11:07:30 pm »
As long as the AI isn't magicking ships in from hyperspace for these new tricks, I think that would be fine.  I'd be cool with Shark-B being permanently turned on if it doesn't automatically spawn another wave or something like that.  If the AI has to scrounge up their defenders to go for the throat then that'd be some pretty interesting exploitable interactions (for instance you could sacrifice a planet to goad the AI into overcommiting).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk