Author Topic: Design document: AI Activity Speedups  (Read 8616 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Design document: AI Activity Speedups
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 01:15:35 pm »
I'm not opposed to that, but I think you are an outlier in terms of how skilled you play the game, from my understanding.  Obviously that doesn't mean I don't want to support your style of play, but I think that is part of what creates the rift between how you're playing and what other people are seeing.  No insult intended to anyone.  Ultimately it's playstyle no matter how you cut it, and so trying to figure out something that works for everyone would be good.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
Re: Design document: AI Activity Speedups
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2016, 01:52:26 pm »
One of the deeper implications with the speed-up mechanics: Can I game the system by intentionally speeding up an AI response to sync/desync particular events?
This is probably an added-bonus - there are often times when you want to take, say, 10 minutes to do a task with your main fleet (say free up a Dyson sphere in deep strike territory.) However, a waves is in 5, an exo in 8, following by probably another wave at 15. Here you'd probably try to hype up the AI so that the second wave is synced with the exo, leaving you with a much bigger window later on.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk