Author Topic: Science Ships?  (Read 5317 times)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
Re: Science Ships?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2012, 01:46:48 am »
noob its best lane

mid lane is where you usually send a mage/ganker/semicarry. It will usually be a solo lane, meaning you gain a level advantage(and gold) over the rest of the map, and its position (in the middle of the map..) allows you to exert some control over the rest of the map.

I think my only game of DotA 2, I tried playing mid and died a whole lot. It was with bots though, so I didn't get classic DotA raged at.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2012, 01:53:43 am »
You mustve been playing solo, because even in coops people rage..

Also, dota bots are hilariously good mechanically. Laning against sniperbot is not very fun..
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:46 am »
Heh, the dotalikes I've played only had two lanes at most and feeding wasn't much of an issue (the games were Monday Night Combat and Stellar Impact, in MNC you WILL die a lot no matter what while in SI the reward for a kill isn't all that big).

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2012, 02:29:39 am »
mnc is terrible, and stellar impact is amazing. If the matchmaking wasnt terrible, I probably wouldve played more.

Like really, stellar impact is one of the best concepts for a game I've seen in a long time.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2012, 02:40:05 am »
MNC was great fun but it deviates quite a bit from the MOBA template. Just fine for me since I prefer the proto-RTS genre (Glory Days 2, AirMech) over straight MOBA.

Offline Wingflier

• Core Member Mark II
  • To add me on Steam, click the little Steam icon ^
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 08:20:26 am »
Hey, if you dont let me go mid I'm gonna feed all game. Ill do it.

Still debating whether I want to learn about why this "mid" is so important.
Mid is the solo lane, and has been stereotyped as the lane which you send your best player. You're guaranteed a 1v1, which means you don't have to share last hits with your team members, and you can get a lot of money and levels really fast.

"Inner peace is the void of expectation. It is the absence of our shared desperation to feel a certain way."

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »
From what I've seen of Super Monday Night Combat, that game eliminates most of the flaws the first one has, in terms of lack of focus and all. The mechanics are far more tight.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »
We have an outbreak of normal forum behaviour. I repeat, normal forum behaviour.
Send in the autobombs, then the devourer, then the mkIII nuke, and then the Dark Spire (oh, wait, that would go better first...)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »
We have an outbreak of normal forum behaviour. I repeat, normal forum behaviour.
Send in the autobombs, then the devourer, then the mkIII nuke, and then the Dark Spire (oh, wait, that would go better first...)

I still find most success in devoting all resources toward armor golem. I would like to see someone stop 5 armor golems whose destination was a player homeworld (they can be stopped, but not easily).
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 05:32:47 pm »
Funny story about that. I was looking last night at the avenger.. It only has 200m hp.

Thats uh. 5 mk1 spire rams. About 150k metal. It also doesnt seem to have tachyon emissions. And I'm pretty sure spire rams are immune to forcefields.

5 armored golems comes out to about 1billion hp. I guess thatd be 25 spire rams, mk1. Thats uh. 6? mk2 asteroids worth. Not exactly a lot..

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 05:35:22 pm »
Funny story about that. I was looking last night at the avenger.. It only has 200m hp.

Thats uh. 5 mk1 spire rams. About 150k metal. It also doesnt seem to have tachyon emissions. And I'm pretty sure spire rams are immune to forcefields.

5 armored golems comes out to about 1billion hp. I guess thatd be 25 spire rams, mk1. Thats uh. 6? mk2 asteroids worth. Not exactly a lot..
The efficiency of kinetic-kill weapons ;)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 05:37:28 pm »
Still trying to figure out how you managed to not kill a single ai ship with like 8 of them.....

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2012, 06:09:44 pm »
Still trying to figure out how you managed to not kill a single ai ship with like 8 of them.....
2.  And each very definitely killed an AI ship.  Just not the right ship.

Offline KDR_11k

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:09 am »
Speaking of science ships is there any use for labs Mk II? More resilience made sense in the days of the knowledge raid but these days you only use the labs on planets you own anyway.

Offline Mánagarmr

• Core Member Mark V
  • if (isInRange(target)) { kill(target); }
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 05:24:04 am »
In a scattered empire they make for a LOT better survivability when they travel across hostile planets.
Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.

Thank you for contributing to making the game better!