Author Topic: issues with neinzul nests and dead command stations  (Read 980 times)

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
issues with neinzul nests and dead command stations
« on: August 31, 2013, 05:13:37 pm »
hi guys, I found a few odd things in my current game. Figured I'd post them here to check what's going on before I make a bug report on mantis.

First the Neinzul Nests. They occasionally spawn their younglings to attack me without any provocation. Their description does not say that they can do this so is this supposed to happen? None of my ships are being tractored or taken to trigger a nest, I checked. I attack a planet with no nest on or near it and suddenly my threat count goes 300-700 up. Sometimes just 1 nest spawns them, sometimes all of them, all without provocation.
Description says they trigger when an AI ship dies on or adjacent to a nest planet. Do they only count AI ships that get killed by me, the human? Or just if any if any ship dies, regardless of what happened to it? Is it possible that self-damaging ships trigger them (blades, tackle drones, younglings, etc)? It's impossible to control their spawns at the moment and that is kind of annoying.

Furthermore, weren't command stations that got destroyed by the AI supposed to respawn automatically after 2 minutes or so, to prevent pointless micro-ing? because in my game they currently don't. I have to build a colony ship, send it through the wormhole, and build the cc whenever it gets destroyed (nests releasing their younglings unprovoked are the main cause of cc's going boom, along with the dreadful Heroics champions).

Anyway, hope you guys can clarify some stuff for me. Command station issue is probably well known, but if more people think that the nest issue is a bug then I will post it on mantis.

Offline Diazo

• Master Member Mark II
  • I love/hate Diff 10
Re: issues with neinzul nests and dead command stations
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 05:31:05 pm »
Not sure on the nests thing, that does sound like evolving game mechanics behaving in interesting ways.

However, on the destroyed command station, you should see that the station leaves behind remains that can be rebuilt by a remains rebuilder. They don't simply start rebuilding automatically.

D.

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »
ah right, so if my remains rebuilders get killed too, I have to send them there. makes sense.

That just leaves the nests. Unfortunately nobody seems to have played against Neinzul Nester recently :/

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 05:55:56 pm »
Yea, I think there is this weird bug where a killed AI ship can sometimes be "teleported" somewhere else on death, triggering any nests around there. (It becomes worse if it is one of your ships that hits this, as that alerts AI planets too for a split second)

Sadly, it is somewhat hard to track when it happens and very hard to reproduce. :(

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 06:19:26 pm »
hmm that could be it I guess. Oh well, so far it hasn't been a game killing bug so we'll see how it goes. Using the hacking downloader on Everything AI gave lots and lots of awesome ships so I'm kind of on a rampaging spree atm.

Offline PokerChen

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 11:09:17 am »
Where do you get the Knowledge to upgrade them? Or are you just rampaging with Mark-I ships? :P

Offline zoutzakje

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Crosshatch Conqueror
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:18 am »
I tend to take lots and lots of planets in my games so knowledge is the least of my worries :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk