Author Topic: I won! Why does the AI keep coming stronger and stronger?  (Read 12333 times)

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
Re: I won! Why does the AI keep coming stronger and stronger?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 03:11:14 pm »
Cough, avenger, cough.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Clasmir

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2016, 04:55:30 pm »
Thanks Keith.

I see your point. I probably will still make the attempt. One is level 7 the other is 6 and (gulp) one is an avenger. =/ 

I guess victory is not assured!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2016, 05:08:36 pm »
The avenger by itself, if you prepare appropriately, isn't so bad. If you aren't prepared...
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 01:11:08 am »
Interestingly, I haven't come close to winning since before Avengers were introduced.

Offline Cyborg

• Master Member Mark III
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2016, 01:00:57 am »
Here is another instance of my frustration with the game.

For the first time I decided to use the random script features that uses all the expansions.  I've crawled my way to the point where I can win. I had to avoid planets that trigger the rocket corps. I had to tunnel deep into AI territory to get the final "A" shield.  I have the first AI home planet weakened and ready for the push and I'm near the second as well and this time around I've done it with just armored and regeneration golems.

However, now that I'm poised to win I've lost heart. I know that as soon as I do get the "You Win"...    Nothing really will change. I'll end up turtling if I want to keep playing and most of long line of planets I've captured will fall.

The only fun factor was seeing if I could engineer a win, but once I realized I could - the wind is knocked out of my sails because there isn't really ANY victory. What's the point to go on now that I know I can win.

For all of you holdouts, do you begin to see my point?

Yes, I see that you have drawn attention and bumped your own topic repeatedly now. Everyone understood you before (although I understand what you're really doing more than others).
Kahuna strategy guide:
http://www.arcengames.com/forums/index.php/topic,13369.0.html

Suggestions, bugs? Don't be lazy, give back:
http://www.arcengames.com/mantisbt/

Planetcracker. Believe it.

The stigma of hunger. http://wayw.re/Vi12BK

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2016, 01:02:44 pm »
AI Wars is more about challenging yourself. Along that theme, if you really want a "I beat the AI" goal, I suggest capturing all the planets on the map.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk