Author Topic: Forum e-mail alerts: Tell us which forum a post is moved to.  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Admiral

Forum e-mail alerts: Tell us which forum a post is moved to.
« on: August 28, 2009, 11:23:06 am »
Here's a typical message:

A topic you are watching has been moved to another board by Revenantus.

View the topic at: http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php?topic=941.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by clicking here: http://arcengames.com/forums/index.php?action=notify;topic=941.0

Regards,
The arcengames.com Team.

Well, that's a useless message. I couldn't care less.

Tell me which board it was moved to (preferably) or get rid of the useless message entirely.

Thanks!

Offline Revenantus

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Hero Member Mark III
Re: Forum e-mail alerts: Tell us which forum a post is moved to.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:31:40 am »
I'll see if there's a way of displaying which board it was moved to. Moved to the non-developer todo board. :)

I don't want to stop sending the notifications entirely in case some members find them useful.

Offline Fiskbit

• Arcen Games Contractor
  • Master Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 04:35:55 pm »
Well, I wouldn't call it entirely useless. It lets you know it moved and provides a link, and by following the link you can see the forum path above the thread, letting you know what forum it's in. Yeah, it would be better to have that information in the message itself, but I do think it has some value even in its current form.

Sounds like Rev is on this one, but I thought I'd toss that out there, anyway. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Click here to get started with Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports.  Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline tional

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 08:02:52 pm »
I just use Show unread posts since last visit, and quick-click through the ones I'm not really interested in.  Assuming you log in every day (or more often), you can very easily keep it to a single page of threads.

And I know you're on more often than that, Admiral.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 11:24:32 pm »
Also, an option to turn off Post notifications for moved posts. I've logged in several times, seeing the changed color and thinking that there was a new post made, only to click on that forum and see no "New" markers and getting confused :)

Offline Admiral

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 02:45:18 pm »
I just use Show unread posts since last visit, and quick-click through the ones I'm not really interested in.  Assuming you log in every day (or more often), you can very easily keep it to a single page of threads.

And I know you're on more often than that, Admiral.

You know, for a software professional, I'm sometimes a real moron. I should try to find this "show unread posts" thing!

Offline darke

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2009, 11:23:35 am »
I just tripped over it by accident tonight, since I was searching around for something to notify me of new posts, and I've been around here, err, a while. :) Just click the + at the top-right of the forum page under the "simple machines forum" text and a link to it will appear underneath the "Hello <name>" message at the top left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk