Author Topic: Dark Spire Bug or Intended?  (Read 5622 times)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Dark Spire Bug or Intended?
« on: January 04, 2017, 07:09:56 am »
So I encountered something strange about the Dark Spire... The attached save is a Fallen Spire game. Looking at the map, it should be obvious where I put my few brick walls on, and that is not important.

My territory contains two Dark Spire Vengence Generators, both of which are unoccupied(deliberately), and has triggered before when I blew up the AI systems. However, I find that the DS spawns at mysterious and unpleasant times.

As indicated by the save name, I was just about to build City 5. Press 4 to get to my group of engineers, place down and build the hub, and you will see. Somehow Dark Spire is triggered, releasing those terrible ships right inside my econ farm, but nothing ever gets destroyed on any DS planets. The same was happening when I constructed City 4. It might be a coincidence of my Scout Starships dying inside AI territory, but I didn't find out. Why would dark spire spawn?

Yeah, I heard that they were chaotic when first introduced. But now they seem to be more of an annoyance than those !!fun!! exponetnial growths.

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Dark Spire Bug or Intended?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:25:01 am »
After a few testing, I found that:

- If I put down the hub and immediately make all Engineers to focus build it, DS spawns.
- If I put down the hub, don't assist, wait for a while and let the Exo consume, DS does not spawn.

Time is not relevant here. I repeated after waiting for a minut or so, and the result is the same. Both cases involves no ships entering DS planets, so I am quite sure it is a bug. Unless AI is destroying some of its own ships just to trigger DS(it is not that clever, right???)

Offline carldong

• Full Member Mark III
Re: Dark Spire Bug or Intended?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 08:48:08 am »
Unrelated but probably another bug. In the same game, I nuked a world(MkIV with eye, lost patient), but still can collect K. Don't know what happens, but my "fleet science labs II" can still get K out of this destroyed world.

If this is not a bug, then in FS, nukes are probably actually useful in offense... Nuke the heck out of any unpleasant planets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk