Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.077-5.079 "Cap Tectonics" Released!  (Read 24598 times)

Offline LordSloth

• Sr. Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.077-5.079 "Cap Tectonics" Released!
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2012, 10:23:00 am »
Sudden recollection:

Normal+Champion & Team Control is rather distracting. I can hear my teammate issuing move orders to my champion, and if they're microing in a nebula... I need to consider a reserved for champion slot instead. But I'd like to not have interface sounds for a teammate microing my units.

Offline Hearteater

• Core Member
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:45 am »
Possibly related to this issue with Helper mode?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2012, 10:38:49 am »
Sudden recollection:

Normal+Champion & Team Control is rather distracting. I can hear my teammate issuing move orders to my champion, and if they're microing in a nebula... I need to consider a reserved for champion slot instead. But I'd like to not have interface sounds for a teammate microing my units.

Long standing issue. The "unit bleep" sound plays for the player who owns the unit receiving an order, rather than the player that gave the order. Very annoying.
Probably on mantis somewhere.

The exception is for Helper players, which play the sound for them. But as they are viewing another UI, the unit management sounds of the player they are "switched to" gets piped to them as well. So, they get to hear it again when the host gets around to executing the order (or at least I think that is what is happening). Thus leading to the issue mentioned above.

Offline chemical_art

• Core Member Mark IV
  • Fabulous
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2012, 08:11:44 pm »
I can't decide if Keith is working on AVWW or SH right now.
Life is short. Have fun.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2012, 08:21:47 pm »
I can't decide if Keith is working on AVWW or SH right now.
For about a week I was working on not-being-sick, then for about 4 days I was working on AVWW-design, and yesterday and today I've been back on AIW.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Eternaly_Lost

« Reply #155 on: September 15, 2012, 01:13:53 pm »
I just saw this in the next change log

Ships with engine damage now automatically repair their own engines, such that it takes a bit over four minutes to go from 0% engine-health to 100% engine-health.
Basically, until now it's been too easy to long-term-disable AI ships via engine damage. Not many players abused this thoroughly, but some definitely did, to hilarious (and disappointing, from a challenge perspective) results.
But tactical usage should still be very viable for kiting around a planet, spreading out an incoming attack, etc.
Thanks to many players (who may wish to remain nameless) for feedback over the past several months pointing to this being necessary.

I am so happy as so often I would wander over to find a single ship on a planet somewhere with 0 engines and I needed to get something over to repair it. This change makes me very happy.

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #156 on: September 15, 2012, 01:24:28 pm »
So, now that there is a bonus "starship type", are there any plans for refactoring the "I can't believe I'm not a starship" Spire bonus types (ships with a cap <=5) to be built at the starship constructor?

Also, will the AI be able to get Spire Corvettes? If so, will they seed in waves and reinforcements like normal ships or like starships?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #157 on: September 15, 2012, 01:31:20 pm »
So, now that there is a bonus "starship type", are there any plans for refactoring the "I can't believe I'm not a starship" Spire bonus types (ships with a cap <=5) to be built at the starship constructor?
I figured I would be asked that question quickly, but not quite that quickly ;)

Right now I'm just leaving stuff where it is; the main reason the Spire Corvette is in the starship constructor is the modular thing and thus needing its own tab.  We'll see how that works out before considering moving anything else.  I anticipate bug reports of "I unlocked the spire corvette and can't find it anywhere", but not sure how to avoid it.

Also, will the AI be able to get Spire Corvettes? If so, will they seed in waves and reinforcements like normal ships or like starships?
It should seed them like starships; they won't send a wave of them, though they could send them as the "starship of the wave".
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2012, 01:43:51 pm »
Not sure if you have seen this, but the balancing of the new bonus types reminded me of this question:
9344: Spire Railcluster Polycrystal hull seems strange with light hull damage bonus

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2012, 01:45:34 pm »
I've seen it, but I don't share the sentiment that two ship types should not both be good at killing the other one of the pair.

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2012, 01:47:45 pm »

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2012, 01:49:43 pm »
I've seen it, but I don't share the sentiment that two ship types should not both be good at killing the other one of the pair.

Fair enough. I was just wondering if it was intentional, or an oversight.

It just struck me as odd, and I wanted to make sure it wasn't an accident. Thanks for clarifying though. :)

Offline pheonix89

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2012, 02:05:01 pm »
Oh, cool. Bonus starships, and they're modular. Say, is the Spire corvette going to have 3 mks or 4? I ask mainly because it occurs to me that as a starship, advanced factories wouldn't be building the mk 4 if it exists.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2012, 02:13:57 pm »
theyre pretty strong for a mk1 ship tbh - I doubt we will be getting mk4 of them >_>

the files only have a single 'bonusspirecorvette' image, so thats not much help
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk