Author Topic: AI War Beta 5.058-5.060 "Further Shadows" Released!  (Read 23450 times)

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
Re: AI War Beta 5.058 "Further Shadows" Released!
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 08:14:20 pm »
Is there currently a map overlay for finding nebula wormholes?

At the moment the 'unexplored wormholes' filter seems to do it, but I imagine that only works while 'show unexplored planets' is checked, and you havent already entered the planet
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Author of the Dyson Project and the Spire Gambit

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 08:18:54 pm »
And the other thing on your foot falls:

* Fixed a bug in the recent changes to the reinforcement logic causing N guard posts on a single planet to get reinforced with (Strength*1)+(Strength*2)+(Strength*3)+...+(Strength*N) total strength, rather than just (Strength*N).
I think TechSY730 called that one, but apparently not in this thread.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Kemeno

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 08:24:33 pm »
Not to step on your toes Keith, but I'm not seing this if I disable the expansion. Also, this was in my log for the expansion (the MainThread.txt one):

numberOfReinforcements = (number of planets not controlled by the AI / 2) = 5

Whereas without the expansion enabled it looks like:

numberOfReinforcements = (number of planets not controlled by the AI / 2) = 0
numberOfReinforcements must be at least 1 and at most 15; = 1

I only control my home planet in both games (I started new ones and let them run for a few minutes)

Edit: looks like you found it ignore me :P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 08:28:16 pm by Kemeno »

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 08:32:44 pm »

* Fixed a bug in the recent changes to the reinforcement logic causing N guard posts on a single planet to get reinforced with (Strength*1)+(Strength*2)+(Strength*3)+...+(Strength*N) total strength, rather than just (Strength*N).

I did, but I deleted the comment because I thought I missed something when I was reading the logs. I guess I didn't though. ;)

Wait, can admins "magically" get a list of recently deleted posts?

EDIT: And will 5.059 to fix this be out soon? Accidentally making reinforcements O(N^2) instead of the intended O(N) seems like a pretty big balance deal.  ;D

Offline Cinth

• Core Member Mark II
  • Resident Zombie
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 08:35:35 pm »
On a positive note... I like the new toys  8)
Quote from: keith.lamothe
Opened your save. My computer wept. Switched to the ST planet and ship icons filled my screen, so I zoomed out. Game told me that it _was_ totally zoomed out. You could seriously walk from one end of the inner grav well to the other without getting your feet cold.

Offline Varone

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 08:38:22 pm »

I did, but I deleted the comment because I thought I missed something when I was reading the logs. I guess I didn't though. ;)

EDIT: And will 5.059 to fix this be out soon? Accidentally making reinforcements O(N^2) instead of the intended O(N) seems like a pretty big balance deal.  ;D

Too late for me i'm afraid, the AI filled every planet with around 2000 ships... and then promptly sent them to crush the pitiful humans. Perhaps we can retreat to the nebulae - a different ending perhaps ;)

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 08:40:48 pm »

Nah, I just saw it before you deleted it.

Yea, I'm in the process of getting it out now, just confirming that I built it properly.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 08:44:26 pm »
Update: 5.059 hotfix is out to fix a bug in the 5.058 reinforcements changes that caused AI reinforcements to go Stark! Raving! Mad!  Thanks for letting us know about that one, though the AI looks sad now.

Offline LordSloth

• Sr. Member Mark III
Re: AI War Beta 5.058-5.059 "Further Shadows" Released!
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 09:01:08 pm »
About that scouting issue... it happened again in another map seed. The strange behavior went away once I toggled off the Shadow expansion. I'll see if I can come up with some more concrete details tomorrow, and maybe hit up mantis.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 10:36:49 pm »
I better not update to anything that adds more reinforcements.  My world right now:

(I started just a default game with no expansions too :x)
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 11:07:51 pm »
Found out a pretty huge exploit when a ship with a forcefield engages a spire station, makes one of the nebula instances a lot more trivial to complete.
Ideas? Suggestions? Concerns? Bugs to be squashed? Report them on the Mantis Bugtracker!

Offline Volatar

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Patient as a rock
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2012, 12:08:23 am »
ARGH. I can't finish a game before you come out with more awesome stuff.

Welcome to an Arcen Beta.  8)

Nah, I just saw it before you deleted it.

This IS Arcen we are talking about. I still remember this one time I posted a bug, got a two paragraph reply 40 seconds later from Chris, and a patch was out within 10 minutes.

Hands down the most reponsive devs EVER.

Found out a pretty huge exploit when a ship with a forcefield engages a spire station, makes one of the nebula instances a lot more trivial to complete.

Post the details bro.  8)

Offline LaughingThesaurus

• Master Member Mark II
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2012, 12:10:33 am »
Does the exploit involve just moving out of the way of the laser and making the spire stations trivial to take down? ;)

Edit: Something worth complimenting you guys on, is the fact that I can beta test this a bit even without owning it. With the three hour trial period per game, I can mess around a fair amount to get a grasp on how it feels and stuff. I doubt that's deliberately done for testing's sake, but it's a lovely way of things working out. In my defense, I only haven't bought it yet because I can't do so yet.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:12:51 am by LaughingThesaurus »

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2012, 12:37:14 am »
This IS Arcen we are talking about. I still remember this one time I posted a bug, got a two paragraph reply 40 seconds later from Chris, and a patch was out within 10 minutes.

Hands down the most reponsive devs EVER.

Good contender at least.

I know for the card game me and some friends put up on Kickstarter, there was at least one of us awake at any given time (as we all had different sleep schedules), so when questions and comments came in, we had a response (or two!) inside five minutes, no matter the time or day.

Offline Lancefighter

• Core Member
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 01:47:11 am »
Does the exploit involve just moving out of the way of the laser and making the spire stations trivial to take down? ;)

Yep.. No details are on the mantis.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk