Author Topic: AI War: Ancient Shadows Teaser / Q&A  (Read 25579 times)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: AI War: Ancient Shadows Teaser / Q&A
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2012, 04:26:03 pm »
I bought the Alien Bundle on Steam. Should I wait till Ancient Shadows is on Steam or can I just buy it from here? The key will activate it on Steam too right?

You can easily install this onto your Steam copy just like any other copy.  However, you'll still have to use our installer for the expansion files (and our beta updater in-game for the core files) to do this.  Steam itself won't actually download the new stuff for you, but it won't interfere with what you install, either.

In terms of later activating it on Steam so that it will download it for you... we certainly hope for that to be the case.  All of our other games except for AVWW work that way.  With all the other games it took about 3 weeks after release to get them activated on Steam, which I thought was slow.  With AVWW it's been almost 4 months so far, but it should still happen.  I can only bug Valve so frequently with that sort of thing, though, and when it comes to Ancient Shadows I haven't even spoken to them about the expansion yet.  They tend to be pretty happy about new expansions for AI War, though. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline mrhanman

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2012, 04:30:30 pm »
I just bought it!  I just hope Steam validates the keys in a reasonable time frame.  Not a huge deal, either way.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #152 on: August 08, 2012, 04:33:48 pm »
Thanks for your support, all of you!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk