Author Topic: A few questions from a noob  (Read 875 times)

Offline Antmf

A few questions from a noob
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:00:21 pm »
Hey guys, I have a few questions for you experienced players.

1- When I take over a planet do harvesters metal , crystal etc. get built automatically? So need need for me to place them?

2- How do I get energy or does the game build that auto as well when you take a planet over?

3- If I set build to loop military ships what is best way to stop that and build a few scouts?

4- Do you guys keep the build looped to replace ships that you loose when you fight the enemy?

5- When buidling a harvester exo shield and I place it next to my extractor does the game auto build them on all you extractors on that planet or do I have to manually build on each harvester?

I know there are more questions but my mind is drawing a blank lol. Thanks for help all :)

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
Re: A few questions from a noob
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:26:36 pm »
1. Harvesters are built automatically when you capture a planet and rebuilt when destroyed as long as you continue to hold the planet. There's no need for you to place them.

2. When you capture a planet a reactor will automatically be built which generates a certain amount of free power. If you need more power than you have you can build "mass converters" which will convert resources (metal and crystal) into energy at a fairly expensive exchange rate.

3. I'm not 100% certain what you mean here, but I will say that I usually build a separate dock specifically for building scouts and turn it on or off as needed.

4. Yep, you can always power it down if you're having resource problems.

5. No idea on this one I'm afraid, I've never used exoshields. As a result of point 1 above, they're not really all that useful in my experience.

Offline vigilo confido

• Jr. Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 07:44:18 pm »
1. Harvesters are built automatically if there are no AI ships in the system.

2. You can choose to have the game auto build an energy collector when you capture a planet.

3. Just build a second space dock and have it only build scouts.

4. yes I di.

5. I never use harvester exo shields.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »
Personally, I just put the scouts into my loop queue, since they're either all alive (and thus skipped in the build loop), or all dead (which means I need more scouts, probably).

Offline Vinraith

• Hero Member Mark II
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 11:31:02 pm »
Personally, I just put the scouts into my loop queue, since they're either all alive (and thus skipped in the build loop), or all dead (which means I need more scouts, probably).

Also completely fair, and what I used to do. Since I usually unlock mark 3 scouts straight out of the gate these days I tend to not want more control over when I'm building fleet and when I'm building scouts, hence the separate dock.

Offline Draco18s

• Resident Velociraptor
  • Core Member Mark V
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 02:13:03 am »
5- When buidling a harvester exo shield and I place it next to my extractor does the game auto build them on all you extractors on that planet or do I have to manually build on each harvester?

Double click the build icon.  It will force-build all possible exo-shields
(Same goes for harvesters, in the off-chance you have a unit in system preventing auto-rebuild)

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 03:30:36 am »
I think you can also ctrl+click as well to get the "build all harvester/harvester exo-shield" at all available spots thing too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk