Author Topic: 1 Key co-op?  (Read 1805 times)

Offline Cintia

• Newbie Mark III
1 Key co-op?
« on: November 25, 2009, 07:35:18 am »
Hi, I really love this game but haven't been able to convince a friend of mine to buy the game and play co-op with me. Which really is the heart of the game imo.

Can my friend use my key to give coop a try with me? I know he's a cheapskate, he doesn't want to buy the game without at least giving coop a try.

Also, what if he buys the original game and I buy the expansion? Can we still play together?

Offline Vaos

Re: 1 Key co-op?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 07:47:24 am »
If you use one of the latest prerelase, the Trial time was extended to 3 hours I think. So maybe he can see enough of the game in the first 3 hours of the game, and buy it after that !  :)

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 09:54:37 am »
If you use one of the latest prerelase, the Trial time was extended to 3 hours I think. So maybe he can see enough of the game in the first 3 hours of the game, and buy it after that !  :)

Yep, exactly.

To add to that, in the future if you have the expansion and he just has the base game, you can still play together quite easily, just not with the expansion content.  There's a simple checkbox in the lobby to turn off the expansion content when playing with your friend, and then that will default to on when you are playing by yourself or with others who have the expansion, so that you can enjoy all those various new features.

Thanks for your support of the game!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Cintia

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 11:41:06 am »
Ah great, thanks guys.

A 3 hour run is much better and should be enough. :)

One last thing; Can you pause in co-op games and if yes; does this time count towards the 3 hour limit?
I'll have to explain my friend quite a few things so using the pause button can be handy.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 11:44:04 am »
No problem!

And yes, you can pause in co-op at any time, and the time spent paused does not have any effect on the trial time limit.  The time limit on the trial is simply the timer in the upper left, which stops when the game is paused.  You can save and load multplayer games, even with the trial, without issue, and additionally if you play three hours and then get stopped because of the trial time limit, if your friend then buys the game you can pick up right where you left off with that game in the full version.  We aim to make it easy! :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk