Author Topic: Keyboard Controls on Steam Version  (Read 1792 times)

Offline gremlin

Keyboard Controls on Steam Version
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:44:52 am »
I'd like to print the hotkey list so I can stop pausing the game to check for obscure keyboard shortcuts. The wiki (http://www.arcengames.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=AI_War_-_Keyboard_Controls) suggests that there's a controls.txt file somewhere in the game folder, but I can't find it. (Steam version, if it matters.) Is there an easy way to figure out what the current hotkeys and controls are?

Offline keith.lamothe

• Arcen Games Staff
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: Keyboard Controls on Steam Version
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 04:49:08 pm »
Back before the unity version (in the 3.x days) there was a controls.txt file but that went away when we introduced key rebinding in the unity version (first official release of that was 4.0, back in 2010).

But the bindings are stored in a file, so if you look in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AI War Fleet Command\RuntimeData\inputbindings.dat"

(unless you're not using the C drive for it, or some other path difference)

You'll see a list of all the bindings and what's bound to them.  That's what the game actually uses (it's updated when you change them in game).  Unfortunately it's a bit of a pain for a human to read but perhaps it will help in this case :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games? Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk