Author Topic: Bug/Unexpected Gameplay Issue  (Read 2733 times)

Offline lordbern

Bug/Unexpected Gameplay Issue
« on: December 18, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »
So, I don't know if this is the right sub-forum for this sort of thing (and I also don't know if what I'm seeing in my game is a bug or some new AI behavior that has been added since I last played), but...

My problem is that, in my game, I've encountered several weird AI behaviors that have made the game a lot harder.  This is my first time dealing with reprisal waves/moderate difficulty AIs, so I don't know if any of these things are facets of that behavior.

These things are, to wit:
1. When waves come in, they are (sometimes) accompanied by random other ships that weren't listed in the wave warning.  (As an example, a wave of electric bombers might enter the system with both electric bombers and frigates.)
2.  Some waves don't even have a type descriptor; I just get an "X ships approaching." warning.  These waves, unsurprisingly, turn out be composed of multiple ship types.  (For both of these first two problems, it's worth noting that I *do not* have the AI plot that causes mixed waves turned on.)
3.  After moving out from my home system, I have noticed that AI waves are being called into planets for which the AI has no direct wormhole route.  These ships spawn on the outer edges of the given planet instead of through a wormhole.  (Also, note: I have not yet destroyed any counter-attack guard posts, so that is not the reason why I'm getting these sorts of waves.)

So, yeah, that's pretty much my problem.  Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

(Also, if it's unclear, I'm running a game with two Moderate AIs, golems, spirecraft, zenith traders, zenith dyson sphere, and botnet golem that uses normal combat/movement, has no AI plots, uses complex ship types {with some things, like astro trains, disabled} and uses all the expansions.)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk