Author Topic: Using the Acid Sprayers  (Read 1576 times)

Offline DakaSha

Using the Acid Sprayers
« on: May 08, 2010, 09:35:07 pm »
How exactly do i use these? Unless I'm playing against a zenith descendant I only use them as chaff.. They currently seem quite useless to me.

So how to best use them? Obviously they are meant to be used against zenith ships but usually you dont come up against large groups of them

Offline ShadowOTE

Re: Using the Acid Sprayers
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 12:18:07 am »
No clue. In all the time I've played, I have yet to encounter them  ???

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 10:26:39 am »
They are useless against anything other than zenith ships.

Not sure but you should be able to use them to lure AI ships from guard posts for example - with Acid Sprayer shielding and hp they will survive quite long.

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:06:57 pm »
Hmm well I just want to say it (for kieth/chris)

Acid sprayers suck :P

rubikscube

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 07:16:18 pm »
it's like anti starships arachnids :P

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:15:15 pm »
Well, it's a very niche ship; if you have to deal with a lot of zenith ships (e.g. a zenith descendant) it's like bread and butter, but otherwise it's nothing more than cannon fodder.
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline Doddler

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 12:22:32 am »
I guess the worst thing about acid sprayers is that they suffer from arachnid syndrome: they're bad at everything else, and the one thing they're supposed to be good at, they're still not very good at it.  I mean I guess 1000-3000 damage (from Mk I to Mk III) to zenith ships would be OK if it weren't completely useless against other ship types.  But even acid sprayers aren't very effective against high HP zenith ships like the electric bomber.

The only thing that makes acid sprayers decent is that they are absurdly durable with decent HP and stupidly high shields.  Fighters and bombers can't touch 'em, and frigates can't even fire on them.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 12:27:06 am by Doddler »

Offline Frozen Critical

• Full Member Mark II
  • No
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 04:14:47 am »
i think you don't get the idea.

the Acid Sprayer is for FACE UP BLASTING

not sniping Zenith Ships from four hundred thousand miles away , they have that giant health and armor for a reason
AMERIKEAN AM TELEFONMAST

Offline quickstix

• Buy Now
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 04:38:44 am »
Acid Sprayers are designed to kill Zenith ships. They work best against all Zenith fleets, where they take minimal damage; just get in close and tear it up. A very niche ship though.

I was really struggling against a Zenith Descendant, then I found these guys when I capped an ARS. Made life much easier. They do take a while to kill electric bombers though, but take little damage in the process. Last time I took Acid Sprayers against a Zenith EB wave it took a good while to kill them all, but I took no losses.

Offline DakaSha

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2010, 07:29:47 pm »
nobody ever said they dont work against zenith ships. the point is that they are the only ship i have found that are useless unless playing against a specific AI type. or maybe in very specific situations.

all other ships in the game are usable at all times. They never become flat out useless (using them as chaff qualifies as useless in my book)

my personal opinion is to make them actually deal damage to all ships but give them a nice bonus against zenith ships. maybe lower their HP/Shields.

Again its just a personal opinion

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk