Author Topic: Strategic Advices?  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Red.Queen

• Full Member Mark II
  • Mad Hacker
Re: Strategic Advices?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 04:04:25 pm »
It is abusive.  It's Grade-A Cheese for dealing with badly placed Rebel Colonies.  It used to be more common, but now that turrets are per-planet, you can actually defend isolated Rebel Colonies from most things.  I haven't needed to do it since that change was made.

Wonder if this shouldn't be changed so that the amount of new cloaking time you get is based on how long you held and defended it "honestly".  Thematically it could represent the rebels having time to recharge the cloak since they didn't need to run it, with more time == more recharged.  Probably be a good idea to let that cap out at either something less than the original 2 hours, or make the recharge rate not 1:1.  Something so that if you lose the planet but not the Colony, you have a short to moderate window to rush a rescue party over (dramatic tension!), rather than the ability to reliably keep it cloaked for extended periods at will.

Just thinking out loud a bit.
Infiltrating hostile AI networks to rewrite reality.

[[Hacks available from this unit found on the AI War Modding subforum.]]

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Neinzul Gardener Enclave
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 07:20:14 pm »
Okay, I promise to not going instantly mad and post on mantis... However, R.Q idea's sounds interesting. I still find the way it's currently working cheesy, and a tweaky patch like R.Q one looks like required.
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2015, 02:39:08 pm »
I've taken the planet with the Rebel Colony. It was a little painful because I had to go over an AI eye (either parasite or nuclear), so I had my Champion Ship destroying most guard posts in the way of the colony ship. took some time and several tries but it's now save. Okay, back to the main tasks.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 09:14:17 am »
Okay, I slaughtered all AIP reducers, AIP is now around 230.
I reduced also heavily Thread (from 3000 at 1200). I'm plannign my next steps:
Capturing more planets for more knowledge to get more ships/higher mark ships.
Corrupting Parasites. I planned this long ago. i got already parasites from an ARS and to annoy the AI even more I intended to disable their ability to create parasites, so I got the monopol on reclamation (if you substract leech starships and shadow vessels).
I'm also planning my fleet for the final assault, I rearranged my spacedocks so I have a better image what produces what.

Most of my planet turrets have been redesigned. I decided to wait for waves on my planet, then redesign turret placement on that planet (if not done already). This proved to be more effective instead of going randomly through all my planets. That way I can create my chokepoints when tehy are needed.

Champion Exo is about to arrive soon. I hate this stuff because they almost everytime crush my home station and I have to reload, reload, reload a save game again and again. I will rally up my fleet and start a preemptive strike this time.

After I've rearanged all my stuff, changed my priorities this save game looks more and more winable. I thought it would be lost however now I do better than before and have a good plan what to do.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 12:33:09 pm »
Very good job! How does it feel to see your skills improve?

Your posts sound like AAR. I'm looking forward to see how you'll handle exowave, this time. I'm sure you'll do better with all the improvements you made in your game. Good luck for your next step! Push forward and kick AI in the teeth!
Please excuse my english: I'm not a native speaker. Don't hesitate to correct me.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 12:52:04 pm »
Really good. I mean, I mean, I wasn't an entirely noob but I was far from being an expert either. I was somewhere between.
It's always good to see improvments on your playstyle, especially when they help you making a huge jump forward. I was really thinking about giving up, but now the game flows more straight forward, giving me a good chance to complete it. It will still take at least an hour (I'm really slow) but I will finish it.
I've also smelled blood now to be honest. After making those big steps I really want to go for the throat now, making the AI suffer for what it's done to me.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 10:06:20 am »
I've also smelled blood now to be honest. After making those big steps I really want to go for the throat now, making the AI suffer for what it's done to me.

VampireSharkPlot at intensity 10 >D

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 10:59:41 am »

VampireSharkPlot at intensity 10 >D
If I really want something I can be a real pain in the bass. You should see me playing Dota. If I cannot win I will at least give the enemy team a hell of a ride. This can lead to total enemy team wipes even if this does not mean anything fot the outcome of the game.

I have already a plan how to make the AI suffer. I will corrupt parasites and armor ships (since I already own these types) and will download bulletproof. With the lost power of the Ai and my strenghtened power I will go for the final assault. But before this I have to gather more knowledge (which I can now manage since my AIP is now incredibly low).
This will work pretty well I guess. maybe I will need more than one attack but not many.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 11:19:24 am »
Nice plan. Would you give us a save? I just want to see which advises you followed and how it unfolded. For instance, did you take the planets I targeted in my suggestions? Or was it too unreliable? Or did the battlefront experience made it wrong?

Short question: were my conquest advises useful?
If the answer is no, then I have more skill to get on that chapter! Cool!

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 11:31:28 am »
That's currently my plan (but I will skip Rosesharp. It has no strategic value and is neutered), I have already taken one planet (Nephi) and wait for the Exo before I take the other planets.

I wouldn't say it wasn't useful. It has the benefit that I don't have to worry about supply anymore if the Command Station dies (dooming the planet for good).

Here's the save anyway. Like you can see the north of the galaxy is currently not under my control anymore (CPA hit) but I will reconquer it once I have the chance to. That's important for me since they are close to the Design Backups I want to hack.

Man, I will be very happy once this is over. Took me long enough. On the other hand it was a pleasant experience and I learned quite a lot, especially how to maximize turret effience. After that one I will return to my video save that I currently abonded until I finished the other one.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 11:48:32 am »
Thanks a lot for the save!

OK for Rosesharp, but what about taking Vaeras? You already gateraided it so it's only 15 AIP from 7 metal and 3,000 K (and a MkIV no more reinforced). Yimurdri is also a high-mark world in your path that is put on alert. You said you want more K? I suggest capturing them.
Also, you put MkII economic OCStations in... places where I wouldn't put them, to state it politely. ;D Well, maybe my current stealth-master game made me paranoid about putting military OCStations on every frontier world.

Oh, and the Parasite DBUp is on a core world, and you plan on hacking it? Bold plan! May you succeed (or die with !!fun!! :P)

Good luck!
(And sorry if I impolitely creep into your plans. I can't look at a galaxy map and stay quite! :D)

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 12:00:01 pm »
Vaeras is on the plan already. Also Yimurdri (wow, I had to look 3 times to write it correct. Who comes up with the names?).

I will probably neuter it before I hack the backup.

I didn't think much about where putting the MKII stations honestly. I just placed them randomly.

Offline Pumpkin

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »
wow, I had to look 3 times to write it correct. Who comes up with the names?
Yeah, same to me! Haha! :D

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
I just want to share my newest save game.
I'm almost done with my final preparations for the final onslaught.

Offline TheVampire100

• Master Member
  • Ordinary Vampire
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2015, 08:22:18 pm »
Aaaaand done. Both AIs are gone. And holly molly, it's late already! Time to go to the bed. But I couldn't stop now until I was finished.
Anklebiter striked back again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk