Author Topic: No supply on planet next to home  (Read 1184 times)

Offline slothrop

No supply on planet next to home
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:10:11 pm »
Just gotta say - love the game!  Haven't gamed much in many years, but recently had an itch that needed scratching, and AI War has more than satisfied.

Is this a bug, or have I missed something important?

I started a new game with 2.001ZK and after taking a planet right next to my home planet found that I didn't have supply.  Didn't notice this until after I built a new Command Station there to capitalize on some resources.

Attaching the savegame.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
Re: No supply on planet next to home
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:13:55 pm »
Glad you're enjoying the game so well!  Thanks for providing the save, also -- that made this one easy to spot.  The planet in question has an AI Co-Processor on it, which interferes with your supply.  You'll either have to destroy the co-processor (at AI Progress cost), or else you won't be able to use anything that requires supply on that planet.  That's the conundrum of the co-processors -- but once you find all four of them and destroy them all, you'll not only get your supply back on those planets, but you'll get a net AI Progress gain.  It's just an AI Progress loss until you destroy the last one.
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline slothrop

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:07 pm »
Doh!  Should have paid more attention to the description.  I've dealt with Co Processors in the past, but clearly not on a planet I wanted to take.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 09:31:39 pm »
No worries!  Glad it was an easy one. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk