Author Topic: Building all the Zenith Trader buildings from the start  (Read 2497 times)

Offline Fleet

Building all the Zenith Trader buildings from the start
« on: January 16, 2010, 12:16:10 pm »
I just started my first game on the expansion, and within the first 30min a Zenith Trader came by. Had lots of nice stuff! So, any reason I should not just grab the Power Generator, Super Fortress, Ion Cannon, Mass Driver, Shield Inhibitor, Radio Jammer, and Shield Booster and just pause em for now, building them as I gain more planets and resources? Seems like with such a small economy i should not have access to this sorta stuff yet, but here I am with all these great buildings just waiting to be built. Of course I could cancel them if I wanted to build one for somewhere else, but in the mean time seems they would provide great defense for my home planet.

Offline Velox

Re: Building all the Zenith Trader buildings from the start
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2010, 11:57:52 pm »
I just started my first game on the expansion, and within the first 30min a Zenith Trader came by. Had lots of nice stuff! So, any reason I should not just grab the Power Generator, Super Fortress, Ion Cannon, Mass Driver, Shield Inhibitor, Radio Jammer, and Shield Booster and just pause em for now, building them as I gain more planets and resources? Seems like with such a small economy i should not have access to this sorta stuff yet, but here I am with all these great buildings just waiting to be built. Of course I could cancel them if I wanted to build one for somewhere else, but in the mean time seems they would provide great defense for my home planet.

Most of them can't be scrapped, even if they're not completed yet, so you have to be sure you're putting them where you want them.

Offline RCIX

• Core Member Mark II
  • Avatar credit goes to Spookypatrol on League forum
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 02:21:42 am »

You got one of those to visit your home planet? Do protect all that, a shield inhibitor and booster alone is worth gold. You'll have the equivalent of an AI homeworld if you can build all that! though it will take a loooong time to build....
Avid League player and apparently back from the dead!

If we weren't going for your money, you wouldn't have gotten as much value for it!

Oh, wait... *causation loop detonates*

Offline Fleet

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 02:27:32 am »
That game has since been scrapped actually, but in my now current one (about 2hr in), the trader visited my planet again. Either I'm lucky, or its not as uncommon as you believe. I have a super fortress on the way, which will aid on the defense of my home world.

Offline Echo35

• Master Member Mark II
  • More turrets! MORE TURRETS!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 02:42:05 am »

There's also the whole "They cost a million metal and crystal" thing to deal with, which is VERY hard to produce that early in the game.

You got one of those to visit your home planet? Do protect all that, a shield inhibitor and booster alone is worth gold. You'll have the equivalent of an AI homeworld if you can build all that! though it will take a loooong time to build....

Happens to me quite often. First game I played with them on, they visited my home planet in about 15-20 minutes in.

Offline orzelek

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 09:31:18 am »
I'm not exactly sure how many of you knows that but when trader visits place that is in your supply you can build his things on any planet you own.

Ergo = you place Zenith generator on Home planet and have one place to defend with possibly Superfortress as helper.

Offline Fleet

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 11:48:45 am »
I'm not exactly sure how many of you knows that but when trader visits place that is in your supply you can build his things on any planet you own.

Ah, I don't know how to do that! How can I select the trader and switch systems without deselecting the trader, or the building (if I've already clicked)?

A related question: Can I manage other units/buildings from that menu at the bottom, without having to go to that planet? (for example, telling them to pause, to move to another planet, or enter FRD). I may have missed some of the general interface commands...

Offline eRe4s3r

• Core Member Mark II
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2010, 12:33:52 pm »

Ergo = you place Zenith generator on Home planet and have one place to defend with possibly Superfortress as helper.

Thats exactly my situation ^^ Zenith P-Gen + Super Fortress, but you should save the shield boosters and inhibitors for regions where you wanna save on defenses... your homeworld is probably the best defended place in the game, so a shield boost is not required, if all fails you can rebuild on the spot.. no? But you can't do that on a remote outpost thats bordering 7 other hostile planets...

So better save the good stuff for places where the opportunity allows to use them well ;)
Proud member of the Initiative for Bigger Weapons EV. - Bringer of Additive Blended Doom - Vote for Lore, get free cookie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk