Author Topic: Adjacent Planet out of Supply  (Read 12979 times)

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
Re: Adjacent Planet out of Supply
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2013, 08:33:41 pm »
Quote from: Faulty
If warheads can't solve it, use more warheads.
He hasn't been in this thread, so I'll bring the quote in for him :P

*laughing*

Oh boy, I am not sure I got the right teachers! You guys are gonna instil all the wrong ideas in me. ;)
Could be worse.  You could've had Cinth respond to you instead.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:35:14 pm by Aklyon »

Offline Bud Backer

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »
Using nukes makes it harder by raising the AI Progress, so they should be a desperation move.

What you may need to do is gather some more knowledge to unlock more/better ships, as those will help you take the AI out. Science ships can do that in systems you already have (up to 3000/system, the map can show you how much you've gotten from a system), or you can use a knowledge hacker ship to get knowledge from AI worlds without having to take them (this makes the AI angry, but doesn't raise AI Progress).

Thanks for the advice. I have researched all the knowledge except in the AI homeworld (sounds suicidal?? to try there) I am able to get about 800-900 ships before I get to Cap. It wasn't enough. But I did take down a few Guardians, so I'm hoping the next raid of the one after that does it in. Assuming the AI doesn't rebuild them. (yikes!)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2013, 08:50:35 pm »
Ai home words are nasty. The core guard posts have specific weaknesses, and using another type of ship near the, can create losses very quickly.

The AI does reinforce its planets. How much depends on the Ai progress number. More means more Ai ships.

Offline Aklyon

• Core Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2013, 09:03:21 pm »
Alerted planets are more likely to reinforce than non-alerted ones as well.

Offline Bud Backer

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »
Alerted planets are more likely to reinforce than non-alerted ones as well.

But the AI didn't replace the guardians.. so when I showed up with EMP warheads and 1200+ ships it was a clean sweep....

Well not actually. I killed what I needed to win the game but had almost no ships left by the time I was done.

So at higher levels, does the AI grow back guardians and such?

Offline Arkillion

• Newbie Mark III
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 04:11:25 am »
Yes guardians may come back along with any other ships the AI has unlocked, static defences such as guard posts will not.

Offline Kahuna

• Core Member
  • Kahuna Matata!
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 05:45:03 am »
nukes [...] should be a desperation move.
Strategic "desperation".
If there's desperation involved you have already lost. You just don't know it yet.

On 10/10 safe AIP limit is about 110. Warheads and Nukes allow you to go beyond the limit. Temporarily of course. The reason anyone would go beyond the safe limit is that Core Guard Posts now increase the AIP FLOOR by 10. In my current game I've scouted the other AI Homeworld and it has 8 Guard Posts which means +83 AIP since I'm already riding on the floor. It seems like the only way to win a game atm is to beachhead the core worlds and leave all Core Guard Posts on both AI Homeworlds with ~10k health and pop all of them and the AI Home Command Stations at once. Raid and CPA Guard Posts should be destroyed immediately. The attack to the AI Homeworlds should be started immediately after a CPA. When AIP goes slightly above the safe limit just park a Lightning Warhead on top of a hostile wormhole. When you're clearly beyond the safe limit make "Nuking Grounds" in front of your whipping boys so all waves and CPAs have to go trough these Nuking Grounds. Kill waves with Lightning Warheads and CPAs with Nukes.

No desperation involved.
set /A diff=10
if %diff%==max (
   set /A me=:)
) else (
   set /A me=SadPanda
)
echo Check out my AI War strategy guide and find your inner Super Cat!
echo 2592 hours of AI War and counting!
echo Kahuna matata!

Offline Bud Backer

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:03 am »
Yes guardians may come back along with any other ships the AI has unlocked, static defences such as guard posts will not.

Ah, you see, I'm new to the game and using incorrect terminology. It was the guard posts I was referring to.

What are guardians then?

Offline Bud Backer

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 08:00:56 am »
nukes [...] should be a desperation move.
Strategic "desperation".
If there's desperation involved you have already lost. You just don't know it yet.

On 10/10 safe AIP limit is about 110. Warheads and Nukes allow you to go beyond the limit. Temporarily of course. The reason anyone would go beyond the safe limit is that Core Guard Posts now increase the AIP FLOOR by 10. In my current game I've scouted the other AI Homeworld and it has 8 Guard Posts which means +83 AIP since I'm already riding on the floor. It seems like the only way to win a game atm is to beachhead the core worlds and leave all Core Guard Posts on both AI Homeworlds with ~10k health and pop all of them and the AI Home Command Stations at once. Raid and CPA Guard Posts should be destroyed immediately. The attack to the AI Homeworlds should be started immediately after a CPA. When AIP goes slightly above the safe limit just park a Lightning Warhead on top of a hostile wormhole. When you're clearly beyond the safe limit make "Nuking Grounds" in front of your whipping boys so all waves and CPAs have to go trough these Nuking Grounds. Kill waves with Lightning Warheads and CPAs with Nukes.

No desperation involved.

*chuckle*

You're playing at such a high level that while the words come through the meaning and subtleties are lost on me. Now that I finished the tutorial, I'm going to have to play at low levels just to learn what you folks have as mere intellectual background noise!  :)

Offline Tridus

• Master Member
  • I'm going to do what I do best: lecture her!
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2013, 08:04:42 am »

Ah, you see, I'm new to the game and using incorrect terminology. It was the guard posts I was referring to.

What are guardians then?

Guardians are an AI only ship type. They're like meaner Starships. They mostly stay in AI systems (hence the name) but can also attack in some cases. If you're playing on a low enough difficulty you may not be seeing them, as they don't show up in very low difficulty games.

The AI also has Dire Guardians, which are much meaner than regular Guardians and have their own bases on some planets. You can turn those on or off when starting a new game, and it's probably a good idea to leave them off until you've gotten some experience. :)

Offline Bud Backer

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2013, 08:38:19 am »

What are guardians then?

Guardians are an AI only ship type. They're like meaner Starships. They mostly stay in AI systems (hence the name) but can also attack in some cases. If you're playing on a low enough difficulty you may not be seeing them, as they don't show up in very low difficulty games.

The AI also has Dire Guardians, which are much meaner than regular Guardians and have their own bases on some planets. You can turn those on or off when starting a new game, and it's probably a good idea to leave them off until you've gotten some experience. :)

Thank you, that makes it quite clear. In which case in the tutorial I think I was dealing only with guard posts.

Offline kaycho

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2015, 05:16:43 am »
Hi,
Bumping this thread cause i don't understand...
I try to clean a planet which has metal and is supplied but once i'm done with clearing outpost there are no more ressources and the planet is out of supply. I can build a command center there but it is flashing red :(
I could take 2 planets lvl 1 then all my new attacks (4 times) resulted in a out of supply planet with no more metal...
No there are no AI building there :(
The only particularity i could see is that i'm too slow to clean the planet (cause i use a lot the neinzulle unit which pops attack drones)

Thanks in advance!
kaycho

Offline Toranth

• Hero Member Mark III
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2015, 07:11:00 am »
Hi,
Bumping this thread cause i don't understand...
I try to clean a planet which has metal and is supplied but once i'm done with clearing outpost there are no more ressources and the planet is out of supply. I can build a command center there but it is flashing red :(
I could take 2 planets lvl 1 then all my new attacks (4 times) resulted in a out of supply planet with no more metal...
No there are no AI building there :(
The only particularity i could see is that i'm too slow to clean the planet (cause i use a lot the neinzulle unit which pops attack drones)
The use of Nuclear weapons destroys the planet - you can never have supply there afterwards.  This can happen if you, or the AI, detonate a Nuclear Warhead, if a Nuclear Eye triggers, or if the AI Type is a Scorched Earth type.

Additionally, there are AI structures or units that can block supply.  AI Co-processors, for example, prevent you from getting supply in a system until you destroy it.

Offline Coppermantis

• Hero Member Mark III
  • Avenger? I hardly know 'er!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2015, 01:49:06 am »
it was nuked, by accident.
In the tutorial?  Welcome to the game, I think you have a very interesting career as an AIW commander ahead of you :)

I nuked a planet in the tutorial. It's very easy to be exploring the various things you can build and see "ooh, missile silo! Ooh, NUKES!"

::)
I can already tell this is going to be a roller coaster ride of disappointment.

Offline kaycho

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2015, 05:46:33 pm »
I got a game where I was fine with new planets... then my last game has the same problem again. Every new planet i decide to attack will be resource cleaned and out of supply :(
Is there a way to disable those ships which use that nuclear waepon when creating a game? couldn't find them but I'm pretty sure it's them again!! It took me out of the game for now :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk