Author Topic: Policy for graphics?  (Read 6789 times)

Offline Napivo

• Newbie Mark II
Policy for graphics?
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:51:31 am »
I am an indie programmer and last night I really felt to start to make a 80's style shoot'em up Ala "Twin Cobra" or "1942"

As I am really bad in making graphics, I found this really nice directory with lot's of suitable graphics on my computer :)

I wonder if this ever gets done... what are Arcen policies about using some of the graphics for a freeware game? Is there any way to come to a agreement? And while we are at the subject... Sounds and music?

Offline TechSY730

• Core Member Mark V
Re: Policy for graphics?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 11:10:56 am »
Many (but NOT all) the graphics in AI war come from this old DOS game called Tyrian, the author of which has released most of the sprites in it for public use, though I do not know the exact liscencrle.

That may be a good starting pont.

EDIT: Also, if you have never played Tyrian, do so. It is a wonderful vertical shooter that still holds up. The "basic" versions are freeware now. Also, the source code for that version was released and there is a very accurate open source port to C as well.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:14:04 am by TechSY730 »

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:24:14 pm »
You are free to use anything and everything!  Freeware or commercial or whatever.  Wishing you success. :)
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

Offline Napivo

• Newbie Mark II
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:41:00 pm »
Well.. I really didn't expect this answer... that's for sure..

when I get this done I will make sure to put Arcen first, in capitals and with logo on the top of the people who helped me..

Thank you,

Napivo.

Offline x4000

• Chris McElligott Park, Arcen Founder and Lead Dev
  • Arcen Staff
  • Zenith Council Member Mark III
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 12:53:41 pm »
My pleasure!
Have ideas or bug reports for one of our games?  Mantis for Suggestions and Bug Reports. Thanks for helping to make our games better!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk